What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

International Warrenty Help!

Bhoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone help with this. I live in the UK but travel extensively in the US. I wanted to buy a new Ipad but have been told by a friend if I buy one in the US and it develops a hardware issue while I'm in the UK the UK Apple store will not repair it?

My understanding after reading the International warrenty on the Apple website leads me to believe they would but I've been told that they won't.

Can someone help as this would be a deal breaker for me and I desperately want one.

Thanks

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone help with this. I live in the UK but travel extensively in the US. I wanted to buy a new Ipad but have been told by a friend if I buy one in the US and it develops a hardware issue while I'm in the UK the UK Apple store will not repair it?

My understanding after reading the International warrenty on the Apple website leads me to believe they would but I've been told that they won't.

Can someone help as this would be a deal breaker for me and I desperately want one.

Thanks

Your friend is wrong. Buy and enjoy.

With a few exceptions (gray market and such), Apple devices are covered worldwide.

For instance, I bought an iPhone in Asia, shattered its screen, went to a U.S. Apple store and they offered me a free replacement. They never asked where I bought it or any such questions. All they asked was what happened. (I dropped it.) I left with a new phone in about 10 mins, after they had transferred my content from old phone to new.

The free replacement phone was extended as a courtesy, but if that's how they treat something I dropped, it's a good sign that they'll take care of actual manufacturing defects.

OP
B

Bhoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply!

Apple store here I come. :D

Most reactions

Latest posts