What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad worldwide warrenty.

Pit Bull

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All, Going to Canada and the USA later this year and I am going to buy a iPad 2 air with wi fi and cellular, I have been told that all SHOULD work OK but just want to see if any member has brought one back with no problems, also will the warranty still be valid in the UK ? Thanks in advance for any answers. Cheers, dave

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All, Going to Canada and the USA later this year and I am going to buy a iPad 2 air with wi fi and cellular, I have been told that all SHOULD work OK but just want to see if any member has brought one back with no problems, also will the warranty still be valid in the UK ? Thanks in advance for any answers. Cheers, dave
The Apple warranty is worldwide, but I believe you get more than the basic Apple warranty if the purchase is made in an EU country. All you'll get is the standard Apple warranty. You'll also get the North American charger and will have to buy one with the UK plug when you arrive home. AppleCare+ is worldwide also.

OP
Pit Bull

Pit Bull

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Apple warranty is worldwide, but I believe you get more than the basic Apple warranty if the purchase is made in an EU country. All you'll get is the standard Apple warranty. You'll also get the North American charger and will have to buy one with the UK plug when you arrive home. AppleCare+ is worldwide also.
Thank you scifan57 for your fast reply, So long as the basic warranty stands I can live with that, I already have the UK charger from my iPhone 6 and there's a saving of £156 ($294 Canadian) on the UK price:):)....Thank's again.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Don't forget import duty when you bring it back into Europe.... it might be worth working out what that will add. It can be a nasty shock

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't forget import duty when you bring it back into Europe.... it might be worth working out what that will add. It can be a nasty shock
Unless you bring it back as part of your duty free allowance.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
From https://www.gov.uk/duty-free-goods/arrivals-from-outside-the-eu
...You can bring in other goods worth up to £390 (or up to £270 if you arrive by private plane or boat).

If a single item’s worth more than your allowance you pay any duty or tax on its full value, not just the value above the allowance. ...

There is, as usual, a lot more on the source page about duty rates, etc.

Most reactions