What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Initial battery Charge?

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would charge at least 24 hours !!!!

Before you turn it on !!

:):)

Late April Fools joke.

If you could do that you are much stronger than I could be.

I actually have no idea what would be best.

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Steve said in the keynote that it has a month of standby time. If they gave it a decent charge before packaging it, it should still have plenty of power for us to play with when it arrives. We will find out for sure very soon ;).

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reality is the first thing you'll do is sync it to iTunes so while it's plugged into your pc it's charging. So you can play and charge at the same time. I'll probably have it plugged on charging the whole first day I get it while I set it up, explore features, and of course buy a bunch of new app's. Ok, back to obsessing over "Late April".

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is the question. Let the unit drain completely and then charge it up to 100% or charge it right away?

There are many theories with batteries and memory (as in, the battery remembering the paramaters of full charge vs full drain).

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is the question. Let the unit drain completely and then charge it up to 100% or charge it right away?

There are many theories with batteries and memory (as in, the battery remembering the paramaters of full charge vs full drain).

That's the great thing about lithium ion, they have no memory so you can charge them at any point in cycle and no degradation.

DanaNgidhu

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That was in reference to letting it charge for 24 hours before using.

I need to start sending quotes!

I called tech support and they said that you can use it straight out of the box. But to charge it for 3 to 4 hours for a full charge.

Apple employees get to play with the IPAD tomorrow. But they cannot take them out of the building. :)

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad Charging time

Johnny, with almost 23 years experience in electronic field, i can agree with you about the theories .... but in fact if you know well how the battery is made and the charging/decharging system include PCM management ... you will know at the first time you have to totally discharge your device by playing with :) after the best is let it in charge for almost 4 hours (based on the 10 amp Apple charger, after you do what you want and charge it when you want ... the battery come with little energy for the testing in the assembling line ...

one day i will publish pictures about the factory making the battery for iPad & iPhone (he his one of our supplier)

Most reactions