What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Initial Charge?

akopalasiJoan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello! I got my iPad Mini as a gift for Christmas. So, I didn't heard the instructions about the initial charge. My friends say I should drain it, turn it off and then charge it until it's full. (That would be my "initial charge") but I didn't know that before, so what I did, I charged it when my bat was in 4% didn't shut it down and waited until it's 100% is it okay? Do we really need to do that "initial charge" anymore? Because I feel like My battery is not at its best because I haven't done it the first time. Although I did it for my second time charging. Any advices you could give me? Or experiences to share? Anything would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Running the battery down and recharging it will simply recalibrate your battery meter. It is not strictly necessary, but it's recommended by Apple.

Apart from that, your battery will last a few years whatever you throw at it. The only thing you should never do is leave it for an extended period of time in a discharged state.

OP
akopalasiJoan

akopalasiJoan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Running the battery down and recharging it will simply recalibrate your battery meter. It is not strictly necessary, but it's recommended by Apple.

Apart from that, your battery will last a few years whatever you throw at it. The only thing you should never do is leave it for an extended period of time in a discharged state.

Noted. Thank you! ☺

Most reactions

Latest posts