What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Incorrect Wep Key? Drops Network?

HillPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so ill connect to my wireless router, then ill have a great connection as I am 5-8 feet from my router. I will then spontaneously lose the connection and it will say incorrect password or wep key or w/e.

Has anyone seen this problem or know how to fix it?

OP
H

HillPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
would not be be the router dying as my laptops do not have any problems with it. Yes it is a b/g

Kiter11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm running in to the same problem.

So received my iPad in the mail after a 2 week wait I have the 64 3G model. I connected my verizon fios router to it with the version set up password. I have a Mac book, my iPhone, a windows pc, and a wifi printer. For all of them I have had no connectivity issues. The iPad asked for the password to connect and within about 10 minuets it asked for the password again. So I would go to an app that requires web access and it would not load so I would have to go back to safari to reconnect. So after running in to the problem over and over I went through the apple suggestion for a fix. I changed for wep to wpa which, I had to call verizon to get the password for the router. The. Ice thing was I was able to pick my own password that was easy to remember. I then updated the password for all my other devices with the new password. Still no fix, so I called apple and the rep came to the conclusion that I had a bad iPad. I set up an appointment with the local apple store and they just ran a test and gave me a new iPad. So I'm typing on it at home today and after about an hour I have had 1 instance where it asked for the password again. I will update to let you all know if it was the iPad was bad or if was a bigger problem. The apple rep seemed to have a rash of this problem

Most reactions

Latest posts