What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

imported camera movies won't copy to pc

Cherfae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an IPAD2 and a Sony T99 cybershot. When I take movies with the camera, they save as both MP4 and THM formats. I imported the movies to IPhotos, and it shows them there as a merged file (MP4+THM). but when i connect to my pc to copy them over, they are all THM, and none will play. I can't even conver them to MP4 using a converter software - it won't recognize the THM format.

any ideas on how to get the MP4 versions copied over ?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an IPAD2 and a Sony T99 cybershot. When I take movies with the camera, they save as both MP4 and THM formats. I imported the movies to IPhotos, and it shows them there as a merged file (MP4+THM). but when i connect to my pc to copy them over, they are all THM, and none will play. I can't even conver them to MP4 using a converter software - it won't recognize the THM format.

any ideas on how to get the MP4 versions copied over ?

If you copy them directly to your PC - i.e. miss out the iPad - can you play them then? I have a similar Sony camera and I cannot get the videos to play directly on my PC, so it may be that the iPad has nothing to do with the problem.

Tim

OP
C

Cherfae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The camera actually creates two files per video. One is mp4 the other thm. So i can play the mp4 when loaded to my pc. The issue is when you import them to iphotos on the ipad, they show as one file. Then when you copy them from the ipad to the pc, they split to two files, but both are .thm. The .mp4 version copies as .thm, so neither file is viewable or convertable.

Most reactions

Latest posts