What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iMessage Not Working. Help!

mak62

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having a problem with iMessage on iPad 2? I have tried several times to log in and eventually get a error message saying PLEASE CHECK YOUR NETWORK CONNECTION AND TRY AGAIN LATER. There is no problem with my network connection. It used to work and I don't know what changed. Anyone out there with some help please.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you add the link again because the URL can't be found

The member who posted that link hasn't been active since the day he made the post, almost a year ago. It's very unlikely he'll see your request.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My iMessage is not working at all. I have an IPad (1) and every time I try to go into iMessage it immediately crashes,I can't use it at all. I've tried resetting the dns to 8.8.8.8,restarting the whole iMessage program,but nothing happens ,can someone help me ?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My iMessage is not working at all. I have an IPad (1) and every time I try to go into iMessage it immediately crashes,I can't use it at all. I've tried resetting the dns to 8.8.8.8,restarting the whole iMessage program,but nothing happens ,can someone help me ?

Welcome to the forum!

Since the iPad 1 has less RAM then current version iPads, it's always best to try to close out apps that you previously opened. Try some of these immediate fixes if you haven't already and retry your iMessage.

Have you tried to do the following?

1. Force the app to close?
2. Try to restart your iPad?
3. Try to do a reset?

You can try this in order, if an app becomes misbehaves...

Force the app to close down*by pushing the home button twice or by doing a 4-finger swipe to bring up your multi-task bar. This will show all the apps that you have visited. Press the app, until it begins to shake. Close out the apps by pressing the red circle in each app. It will only quit the app and not delete. Than try to re-open the app and test out.

If that doesn't work, restart the iPad by pressing the power switch down to power off.

Third is to do a reset by holding the power switch and home button together until you see the apple logo. Hope that helps!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, as an iPod user since 2009, I know most of the tricks but I can safely say I'm all out of ideas. Since buying a MBA and an iphone 5, my ipad 3 wifi is now not accepting my apple ID password. I've changed it 3x now much to the disgruntlement of my entire family and their iDevices asking for new passwords!!! Sigh!

Any suggestions my friends. I'm loathe to reset it as its got a lot of data on it (32gb!)

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

Last edited:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It looks like every apple app that needs the apple ID password is involved on my ipad. Great!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It looks like every apple app that needs the apple ID password is involved on my ipad. Great!

How are things coming along, Hayles? Are you doing ok with your new Mac and your apple Id password?

Skimonkey ~~ sent from my iPad using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nope. Luckily the iPhone and MBA aren't affected so I'm using them but I was advised to reset my iPad. I have my own diary HD app on there and can't export or email the contents out of it. I need to do that before I do anything else. Thank you for asking. It doesn't seem as if anyone knows this one. I've trawled the Internet. I thought apple apps were foolproof but the are not Hayley proof. Lol.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope. Luckily the iPhone and MBA aren't affected so I'm using them but I was advised to reset my iPad. I have my own diary HD app on there and can't export or email the contents out of it. I need to do that before I do anything else. Thank you for asking. It doesn't seem as if anyone knows this one. I've trawled the Internet. I thought apple apps were foolproof but the are not Hayley proof. Lol.

Nothing is Hayley proof!! I hope your iPad is up and running again soon!

The Archangel

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

So the other devices took the new password, but not your iPad! How frustrating is that!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, isn't it? I'm still uploading iTunes Match 3 days later. My Internet keeps stopping and after 6-8 hours of uploading that can be really annoying. Oh we'll these things are sent to try us.
Gee thanks for the support Gab? Yes, nothing is Hayley proof!!!! Love you guys.

Most reactions

Latest posts