What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iMessage Not Working. Help!

Lanas19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone having a problem with iMessage? So far everything else seems ok. I have tried several times to log in and eventually get a error message saying PLEASE CHECK YOUR NETWORK CONNECTION AND TRY AGAIN LATER. There is no problem with my network connection I've been online every time on several websites even as I tried to connect with iMessage. Anyone out there with some help

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have moved your post to the iOS section, where I think it will receive better attention.

Tim

Last edited:

kilo6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lanas19 said:
Anyone having a problem with iMessage? So far everything else seems ok. I have tried several times to log in and eventually get a error message saying PLEASE CHECK YOUR NETWORK CONNECTION AND TRY AGAIN LATER. There is no problem with my network connection I've been online every time on several websites even as I tried to connect with iMessage. Anyone out there with some help

Sorry if this sounds dumb but have you switched iMessage on in settings and set your apple ID in the "receive at" field?

OP
Lanas19

Lanas19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kilo6 said:
Sorry if this sounds dumb but have you switched iMessage on in settings and set your apple ID in the "receive at" field?

Thanks I was able to get that going. But I still can't get iCloud to hook up to mail. I turn on mail in the iCloud settings, then the screen appears asking to create a me.com account. I hit yes, but in the info and then I keep getting this message " THERE'S A PROBLEM TURNING ON YOUR EMAIL. TRY AGAIN LATER. I tried at least 25 times and the same thing happens???

Sent from my iPad using iPF ***Lana***

usmcwa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the same problem with iMessage but do not see the "receive at" field. Where is it located? Thanks.

usmcwa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the same problem with iMessage but do not see the "receive at" field. Where is it located? Thanks. As a matter of fact, the "receive at" block does not show up at all.

davegoh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
usmcwa said:
I am having the same problem with iMessage but do not see the "receive at" field. Where is it located? Thanks. As a matter of fact, the "receive at" block does not show up at all.

Go to setting and click message . It will show option to turn on iMessage and at the bottom, type in your apple ID in the "received at"

mamba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not so sure if any one else has this problem but I can't register any other mail to receive iMessage apart from the apple ID email add. It keeps giving verification error.

DreamRyder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have iMessage turned on and have apple Id email addy entered on iPad2 and ipod and for some reason my daughters iPod and my ipad2 keep telling us the contact is not registered with iMessage when we try to send one another a message?.. The send button won't allow us to click on it to send..

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The send button problem is usually because you've entered your text in the subject field instead of the message field. You can skip the subject field, but never the message itself. This is very easy to do, since the two fields are right on top of each other and only faintly labeled.

DreamRyder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The send button problem is usually because you've entered your text in the subject field instead of the message field. You can skip the subject field, but never the message itself. This is very easy to do, since the two fields are right on top of each other and only faintly labeled.

I turned the subject field off in the settings.. Prior to attempting to do message. So we only have the body line to type in.

I had assumed the send button wasn't highlighted because it's saying the contact isn't registered with iMessage even though we've both filled in all fields and can access and downloads from the apps program ..as a way to confirm our apple Id is valid.

Appreciate the help any other suggestions to try?

Thanks
E.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I turned the subject field off in the settings.. Prior to attempting to do message. So we only have the body line to type in.

I had assumed the send button wasn't highlighted because it's saying the contact isn't registered with iMessage even though we've both filled in all fields and can access and downloads from the apps program ..as a way to confirm our apple Id is valid.

Appreciate the help any other suggestions to try?

Thanks
E.

Oh well, it was worth mentioning it, just in case; though as I read back though the thread (I was in a hurry the first time) I see it was already covered.

The only other things I can think of you've probably also tried.

In Settings > Messages > Receive At, make sure the email address you are trying to use is there, and correct. You can try removing and adding it again. (you can only remove the first address if you have a second one) You could also try alternate email addresses, if you have any. In my experience it will reject email addresses if they won't work; for instance it rejects my yahoo address and gives me a an error message.

It probably wouldn't hurt to make sure the Caller ID matches the email you intent to receive messages at. It tends to confuse things if Messages sends messages back as someone other than who you sent it to.

That's all I've got. Good luck.

pwelt1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem, every time I try to activate it with my apple id it brings up the network message. Same for FaceTime. Really frustrating now.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Saw a survey yesterday that said iOS activations were 12 to 15 time higher over Christmas day than normal (in US and UK). The servers could still be getting hammered by all the new iOS devices being initialized (and in some cases upgraded). Keep trying.

Perryc1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there I am having problems synching my Calendar between my iPhone and ipad2 it was fine before I went over to ios5 I have tried everEything iknow(very little)resetting both machines ensuring everything matches etc but just can't get it to work?

Most reactions