What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iMessage and FaceTime cannot sign in

Aboulela

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got a sign in problem after downloading the new ios7 with my FaceTime and iMessage with my ipad 3 . I got a message saying sign in failed because no internet connection and the internet connection is working ok . Is there any help to solve this problem ?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
First try the usual fixes: reset, restart, force close apps.

Reset: press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears.
Restart: turn off your device, wait for a few minutes, turn it on again.
Force close: double tap Home button, then use one finger swipe up to delete apps in the multitask bar.

OP
A

Aboulela

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did not work

First try the usual fixes: reset, restart, force close apps.

Reset: press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears.
Restart: turn off your device, wait for a few minutes, turn it on again.
Force close: double tap Home button, then use one finger swipe up to delete apps in the multitask bar.

Many thanks , I tried your steps but it did not work .

OP
A

Aboulela

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They also tried all advices but nothing worked ok . I think this is a problem from the iOS 7 and it will be fixed . Many thanks for your help and advices .

greganderson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the same problem. Cannot log in to imessage or FaceTime. I called Apple tech support. I tried everything they told me to do. No results. I asked if it was possible that since so many people were downloading the new update was causing the problem. The answer I got was " maybe". I honestly do not think she had a clue. She ended up telling me to wait a few days and try again. So my question is...is everybody "waiting a few days" or has someone found a solution?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Backup your device and restore it. After restoring the device, don't restore the backup just yet. Set it up as a new device and log in and see if the issue is resolved. After logging in, restore the backup using iTunes

Most reactions

Latest posts