What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iMessage, facetime & youtube app not working

tiny.tans

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I recently got an iPad 2 and can't connect to iMessage or FaceTime with my apple login, I've also noticed that the YouTube app won't work either.
It keeps coming up with errors to check network connection, is anyone else having similar problems and can anyone help? I've tried searching online apple forums and changing DNS setting but it hasn't worked.. Frustrating! I can use safari and other online apps just not these, please help??

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Tiny...welcome to the forum!

For imessage-you will need to go to settings and see what your assigned email is to receive messages from others that have iphones/ipads and that have ios 5. There was a later update 5.01-but the former was the one to bring imessage onto the ipads. When you type a message, in the "To:" section-you must be in an email form. I do not think that you can use a phone number as an option.

For Facetime: Once again-you can face with others that have apple devices as mentioned above. You can assign an email for which you can be reached for video calls. I hope that helps you.

Your apple login may not be the assigned email-worth checking for both apps. Good luck-let us know how it worked out for you. :D

Most reactions