What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm sold on the magic of MobileMe!

iDharma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, so I needed to order some Chinese takeout from the new place down the street, but didn't have their phone number or name (Jade Garden? China Dragon? Jade Dragon? they all blur together).

So I went into the Maps app, plugged in "Chinese" and it pulled it right up. Clicked on "Add to Contacts" and added it to my iPad contacts. Picked up my iPhone 3G, opened Contacts, and WHAM! There it was. I clicked on the website address that Maps supplied for the restaurant, and it pulled up a massage/spa in Arizona (I live in Florida). So I went back into my iPad's Contacts, pulled up the restaurant's entry, hit "Edit" and blew away the erroneous web address. For giggles, I opened my iPhone's Contacts, and moments later, before my very eyes—like magic—the unwanted web address vanished from the restaurant's entry.

So, in a matter of moments, while chasing my hankering for mooshoo pork, I fell in love with MobileMe. It's absolutely, definitely worth the $100/year, for all the keystrokes I save thanks to this handy service.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is a bit steep in price, but I have to agree the contact synching is almost worth the money.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
You can do the same stuff with a free gmail account. The only thing that stands out for me and the main reason that I pay for mobile me is the find my ipad feature. If I ever loose my ipad or if it gets stolen. I can just jump on the nearest PC and look up the ipads current location as well as lock it, wipe all info from it, play a sound to try and locate it if lets say its lost in my own house, or display a message to who ever does have it.

Its one of those weird things where I want someone to take it just to use the tracking info to hand it over to police and say the bad guy is here go get my ipad and catch him. But then again I never want my ipad to be stolen.

Could the ipad become the next "bait Car" you know that show where they leave a car, when its stolen they track it down and catch the bad guy.

Technician99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They try and sell me mobileme every time I sync I do not know how many ways I can tell Apple I am not interested. I have a new contact I add it the exchange server syncs mail, contacts, and calendar and that is all I need.

Most reactions

Latest posts