What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm mirroring my old iPad and new iPad so they have the same content. Anyone else?

Mystro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just wondering if you are going to transfer your entire old iPad contents to your new iPad3? I plan on mirroring both my iPad2 and iPad3 so they both have the same content.. Anyone else gonna do this??

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
While I am not going to mirror the two devices, per se (my sister is getting the iPad1), I am going to initialize the new iPad with the backup from the iPad1. I figure that if what I have on the iPad1 works for me for the past [almost] two years, why change now?

Plus, it'll save a lot of searching and clicking in iTunes. Don't want to "waste" time loading it up - I want to USE it! :D

Marilyn

marlenedegrood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not going to mirror .... I want them to be different so that each has it's specific purpose. The 3rd gen will be for apps and movies that will really benefit from the retina display.

OP
Mystro

Mystro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is the reason I am asking....I am going to let my wife and kids fight over my iPad 2 but I want all the content of my iPad2 on my new iPad with out all the hassle. I was wondering if there is a more clever way than to backup my old iPad and restore the new iPad with the backup instead of setting it up as a new iPad??

While I am not going to mirror the two devices, per se (my sister is getting the iPad1), I am going to initialize the new iPad with the backup from the iPad1. I figure that if what I have on the iPad1 works for me for the past [almost] two years, why change now?

Plus, it'll save a lot of searching and clicking in iTunes. Don't want to "waste" time loading it up - I want to USE it! :D

Marilyn

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is the reason I am asking....I am going to let my wife and kids fight over my iPad 2 but I want all the content of my iPad2 on my new iPad with out all the hassle. I was wondering if there is a more clever way than to backup my old iPad and restore the new iPad with the backup instead of setting it up as a new iPad??

I honestly only know of the two ways - (1) set up as new and put your apps on it by onsies and twosies, or (2) put an "old" backup on it.

Marilyn

OP
Mystro

Mystro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea, I was going to go with the back-up I just made from my iPad2 on the new iPad.
I honestly only know of the two ways - (1) set up as new and put your apps on it by onsies and twosies, or (2) put an "old" backup on it.

Marilyn

vsstanton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Putting my recent back up from my iPad on my new 3rd generation iPad. I already deleted some apps but like how it's all organized. All my documents are in good redy and saved to iCloud so they are safe and sound!

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes. Then I'm going to take the original iPad and put back factory settings and give it to my husband. I am the tech geek.. I just bought him his first iPhone and he's finally texting.. iPad is next

Most reactions

Latest posts