What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The new iPad was a painless set up backing up fom my iPad 2

Mystro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I sit here on my new iPad. I set up the new iPad 3 and transferred all the data for my iPad 2. It was absolutely painless. I basically mirrored the two iPads together. The beauty is, I dictated this whole entire thread without touching the keyboard. LOL.

Last edited:

pb3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've just unboxed mine and switched it on for the first time.

It took me a while to figure out how to switch the setup wizard from its default of Chinese to English. Got there in the end though.

Allow me to end with the obligatory "The screen is gorgeous". Touching it seems almost an act of desecration.

iRaptor25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 2 folders were with a jailbreak tweak so I could have full page, more rows/collumns and multiple pages per folder so when I restored it had no folders at all. Took me a hour to reorganize everything.

Painless other than that detail, can't blame them for that of course.

richgalen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My iPad 2 folders were with a jailbreak tweak so I could have full page, more rows/collumns and multiple pages per folder so when I restored it had no folders at all. Took me a hour to reorganize everything.

Painless other than that detail, can't blame them for that of course.

Didn't happen to me. My "2" was also Jailbroken but most of the folders re-formed. Some didn't but I didn't restore my "2" until I had copied the original folder contents on my "3"

Most reactions

Latest posts