What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Set up Problem...app content empty..help!

Babslanglois

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Received ipad3 today. Owned the original ipad. Went through setup as new ipad and did not use back up because wanted to start with a clean slate. Transferred over my "purchased apps" from Itunes. No content in apps. Now what do I do. For instance. I have a recipe manager. Reinstalled app but how do I now retrieve the 100 recipes I have in there? Any advice is appreciated!

skrat982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Received ipad3 today. Owned the original ipad. Went through setup as new ipad and did not use back up because wanted to start with a clean slate. Transferred over my "purchased apps" from Itunes. No content in apps. Now what do I do. For instance. I have a recipe manager. Reinstalled app but how do I now retrieve the 100 recipes I have in there? Any advice is appreciated!

My guess is that Apple servers are overwhelmed. give it some time. You can attempt restoring you apps from itunes by syncing, but mine did about a half a dozen then disconnected and I can not get a sync started again. I am going to set up for an icloud sync and just let it run overnight and see what happens. I really think that either way it will work when demands on the servers slow down a little bit. good luck.

Dumacker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Servers were probably overwhelmed. I downloaded the apps from iCloud then synced the machine. Seemed to work okay other than I had to arrange all
of my folders again. Same as last time. Maybe they'll have things fixed when the "4" or Ipad + comes out :eek:
jhv

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Went through something similar. So I backed up my old iPad again.. Then plugged in the new one.. Right clicked the iPad name on iTunes.. Hit restore from back up.. Chose the old iPad and it added everything back

OP
B

Babslanglois

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks

Appreciate all the suggestions. I am all set now. What I did was backed up my old to the cloud. Erased and restored the new to factory settings and pulled everything back from the cloud. Ii am good to go.
Thanks again.

dhevans_6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got this, but only for pages, think book, ithoughts, phatpad, penultimate, etc are all fine, but the pages isn't.

Given the old iPad is staying in the house, what's the best way to transfer the documents over?

I restored my iPad from a backup last night, using iTunes and a cable...

dhevans_6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok scratch that, went to pages settings and hit restore.

All is good now..

Most reactions