What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iKeywi HD for iPad - The new 5-Row Keyboard Tweak!

MorAase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have used this for my Ipad 3 some months now. After updt to 6.1 I did a fresh install m

So sorry about this cursor not working. When do you expect it to be fixed?

Another major problema - norwegian keyboard. Is there any including this? ÅØæ

Biaggo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another major problema - norwegian keyboard. Is there any including this? ÅØæ

I contacted Hiraku (developer) some days ago and asked about support for swedish keyboard (åäö) and he told me that it`s possible to support swedish but couldn`t say when..if/when he will release it i`m sure there will be a norwegian version also.

MorAase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This ÅÆØ puzzle ;)

Only one problem left.

On ipad keyboard. You dont see any lowercase you see only UPPERcase.

How/ what control character should I use to get my øåæ shows as ØÅÆ ??

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is a Cydia tweak that will show uppercase and lowercase letters (uppercase when the shift key is on). It's called "ShowCase." However, unfortunately, it doesn't work with iKeywi on the iPad. It can be installed (if I remember correctly), but it won't have any affect.

So, if you want the option to view upper/lowercase letters, you'll have to give up iKeywi to use ShowCase. I've decided on iKeywi because I like my extra row, but YMMV. :)

Marilyn

lime4x4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the 5 row keyboard installed and it works for the most part except when i go onto a site that requires my password it reverts back to the stock ipad keyboard. Is this normal? I have this installed on a ipad 4.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How can I modify original buttons, like I to İ.

Thanks…

You can't modify the main letter buttons (either in non-shift or shift mode). The only buttons you can modify are in this picture (the highlighted parts):

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360755692.489834.jpg

Marilyn

Cirano

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
After doing yesterday the last upgrade into cydia, the arrow key's don't work anymore, do I have done something wrong or can I perhaps downgrade.
Thank you

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,
After doing yesterday the last upgrade into cydia, the arrow key's don't work anymore, do I have done something wrong or can I perhaps downgrade.
Thank you

No, you haven't done anything wrong. The developer is still working on the arrow keys. They are not in this iOS 6-capable version of iKeywi. We'll Just have to wait until he gets it working for the new iOS.

And no, sorry, but there is no downgrading. Hang in there - I am sure he'll get it worked out soon.

Marilyn

anotherscott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For cursor control, try adding another cydia app, SwipeSelection, which gives you left-right cursor motion by swiping across the keys. You can move cursor by character (regular swipe) or by word (2-finger swipe), and can also select as you go (shift). It works find in conjunction with iKeywi. The only thing you're really missing, then, is the up-down cursor.

Cirano

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For cursor control, try adding another cydia app, SwipeSelection, which gives you left-right cursor motion by swiping across the keys. You can move cursor by character (regular swipe) or by word (2-finger swipe), and can also select as you go (shift). It works find in conjunction with iKeywi. The only thing you're really missing, then, is the up-down cursor.

Thx this is a very good alternative and it works on the iPhone to, but on the iPad I think I prefere the arrows...

Anyway thanks a lot

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thx this is a very good alternative and it works on the iPhone to, but on the iPad I think I prefere the arrows...

Anyway thanks a lot

It is an alternative that I, too, installed. I am awaiting the arrows because my cursor jumps around my text as I type. I think it is because I have two fingers touching the screen at the same time. I have to be more careful.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The all caps problem, any suggestions?

The all caps isn't a problem. It's just that iKeywi for the iPad doesn't work with ShowCase (as they do on the iPhone).

All I can suggest is that you ask the developer of iKeywi if he has any plans to make it so the two tweaks can "play nice together." But for now - you can't have both tweaks on the iPad...

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts