What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iKeywi HD for iPad - The new 5-Row Keyboard Tweak!

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
I can't help with the arrows as they never worked for me. So, I've changed them to different keys (plus, I have SwipeSelection, which works great).

I just wanted to point out that iKeywi will not work in Cydia, regardless of your configuration. The owner, saurik, has set up Cydia so that no tweak that uses Moile Substrate will run while you are at Cydia. This is to prevent conflicts and avert any potential issues. This applies to any tweak using Mobile Substrate, not just iKeywi.

Just wanted you to know so that you don't waste your time trying to troubleshoot why iKeywi won't work at all in Cydia and why you have the default keyboard...

Marilyn

Beautifully thought out, you would not want a tweak to interfere with installs and removals and doing something malicious.

dahauss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Arrows not working

So how do. I get the arrow keys to work? now, the arrow keys do not workin in any program. I typing this in the iPad 3 web browser and the arrorws do not work. The dont work in email, facebook, spring pad, and just about most programs. I sent and email to the author but no response yet.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dahauss said:
So how do. I get the arrow keys to work? now, the arrow keys do not workin in any program. I typing this in the iPad 3 web browser and the arrorws do not work. The dont work in email, facebook, spring pad, and just about most programs. I sent and email to the author but no response yet.

Do you have cursor control setting on? If you do already try setting it off and respring the go back and set it on and respring.

dahauss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have cursor control setting on? If you do already try setting it off and respring the go back and set it on and respring.

already tried that and also a full shutdown and restart of the ipad 3. It works in OFFICE HD, but not in MAIL, facebook, web browser or springpad. I dont know what else it doesnt work in. mail is what I really wanted it for....

dahauss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still did not hearback from this dev. Did he give you an eta on the notability fix...

I emailed author with my issues and I never heard back either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dahauss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I finally heard from author . He told me 5.1.1 os made arrows stop working and he wil look into it.

tonyz3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good news is notabilty works,
Bad news is it was really hard getting the keyboard to pop up for this thread response.

dahauss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope e fixes all the bugs. He says 5.1.1 caused issues....

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tonyz3 said:
Good news is notabilty works,
Bad news is it was really hard getting the keyboard to pop up for this thread response.

I had no issue replying through IPF app and iKeywi hd. You may have other things running that cause the response.

koenan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why does anyone use iKeyWi on an ipad? It doesnt support split mode which is beyond ridiculous.

Get "5 Row Customizable Keyboard" by Ganbold, and then get "Color Keyboard HD".

I am using a new ipad and they work great. Dont pay money for a bad iphone port that wont work on the best part of ios5 for the ipad.

I dont get how this is not a big problem for you guys.

Last edited:

Most reactions