What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If i reset to factory settings

420benz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
will it also delete Apple ID? I have tried everything to reset ID but it is still Disabled.I called apple support and that was a very big misstake.They were no help at all.
I have tried using my wifs email address with a new password but that did not help.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wiping an iPad affects only the iPad. Wiping resets everything except any firmware upgrades (meaning if you're on iOS 5.1.1, it will stay there after resetting).

Once you've reset the iPad, you can resume using your Apple ID on it. You'll have to re-enter the ID on the device, of course. You can do that from scratch or use a backup.

OP

420benz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think i really screwed this up. Right now i have my email address and my wife's email address with two different ID'S.I don't think Wiping will do what i want.

Last edited:
OP

420benz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there any other way to solve this problem?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
First off - I have to say that this is an international forum. So - to expect an answer to a question in less than four hours is a tad unrealistic. It just isn't enough time...

That said - could you please tell us what you are trying to do or exactly what the iPad isn't doing? Your post talks about having your Apple ID disabled. What were you doing just before that and did you get a message saying the Apple ID was disabled. In other words, what is it that you are trying to do? The more details we have on your issue - the better someone might be able to assist. Thanks.

Marilyn

Calkid44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
420benz said:
will it also delete Apple ID? I have tried everything to reset ID but it is still Disabled.I called apple support and that was a very big misstake.They were no help at all.
I have tried using my wifs email address with a new password but that did not help.

I am coming in a little late on this post and with very little info you are giving sounds hard to solve. Let me see if i can figure this out, you have an Apple I.D you want to change or remove? To do so, I.D's are store in Itune's when you create an account, if you and your wife are sharing I.D's that is ok, however if you both are sharing the same I.D. but 2 different passwords because you each have signed on with a different credit card then that is not an issue, go into your account (ITune's) once logged in, go to account's and change your I.D thus will also delete or change everything under that I.D but with the small inconvenience you'll have to re-enter. Wiping an Ipad, Iphone etc: changes nothing to an account type as it is stored on there servers and not the Ipad, Ipod etc; I hope i have this correct, however if i do not please explain yourself in a manner in which posts or posters understand and the help will be quicker and easier!

Most reactions

Latest posts