What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't delete icloud account on ipad

goskiing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My internet provider changed my email address. I have changed/updated my apple ID/pw through itunes but the ipad will not reset. Through every window/page my old apple id keeps popping up on the ipad. I have restored/saved the icloud settings on the comp. but the ipad will allow nothing to change due to the old apple ID no longer being valid. I can't even add another account since the old apple id keeps popping up to verify everything I try to do. Can't even do a factory reset. The old icloud apple ID won't allow any changes to the ipad. How can I get rid of the old apple ID off the ipad? Thx reallllllllyyyyy frustrated need help baaaaaad.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF! You will have to set up the new Apple ID on your iPad as well: in Settings - iTunes & App Stores, tap your old Apple ID and sign out. Then sign in again with the new one.
Usually there shouldn't be a problem with changing to the new ID.
Did you create a completely new Apple ID, or change the ID here: https://appleid.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MyAppleId.woa/ (in Manage Apple ID)

Also, there's a difference between Apple ID and iCloud account. You need an Apple ID to set up an iPad, it doesn't have to be the same email address as your iCloud email address.

If you intend to delete your iCloud account, first of all disable "Find my iPad" in Settings - iCloud, or it may cause further complications. Then delete the account.

Last edited:
OP
G

goskiing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OMG, so freaking easy. I paid Apple $20 to help and they didn't know how to fix it. Thank you, thank you, now I can decompress. THANK YOUUUUUUUUU again.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope it will help. If there still are problems, don't hesitate to post again. Somebody will certainly be able to answer your questions.

Most reactions

Latest posts