What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Locked out of IPAD

argy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Hoping for any help:

We have an IPAD2 we were using to read news and as cook book. Slow and old but still fine :)

Then one day we needed to log into it for some reason with apple id. We hadn't done this for literally years and had no idea what the password was; we were jus using a pin to unlock.

We tried to the ID password reset but ended up in a crazy loop of having to wait 2 weeks for an sms or call to go to the registered phone number that never arrived...twice. I then called the apple help desk and they couldn't help and suggested doing the 2 week wait again. We did this and nothing was sent again.

Is there anything we can do to revive this brick? It's our only apple device so not sure if password resetting is this crazy all the time but it's doing our head in.

Any advice appreciated.

Mods - is there somewhere better I could pos this? I'm guessing this is more an apple id issue, rather than device specific.

Cheers,

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi,

Hoping for any help:

We have an IPAD2 we were using to read news and as cook book. Slow and old but still fine :)

Then one day we needed to log into it for some reason with apple id. We hadn't done this for literally years and had no idea what the password was; we were jus using a pin to unlock.

We tried to the ID password reset but ended up in a crazy loop of having to wait 2 weeks for an sms or call to go to the registered phone number that never arrived...twice. I then called the apple help desk and they couldn't help and suggested doing the 2 week wait again. We did this and nothing was sent again.

Is there anything we can do to revive this brick? It's our only apple device so not sure if password resetting is this crazy all the time but it's doing our head in.

Any advice appreciated.

Mods - is there somewhere better I could pos this? I'm guessing this is more an apple id issue, rather than device specific.

Cheers,
Have you checked that the registered phone number with Apple is correct?

OP
A

argy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you checked that the registered phone number with Apple is correct?
Sorry, should have mentioned. Indeed it is as we have received codes to it when trying to reset the password. Just don't get the 'after 2 weeks' sms or call

OP
A

argy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you receive the code, I think you are supposed to enter it under your Apple ID in settings. It may have expired by now, so you may need to get yet another one.
The codes we received were in the initial attempts to reset the password and worked fine but the process took us to the next step which was this message in 2 weeks that never happens.

Most reactions

Latest posts