What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cannot get into ipad2 after resetting it,wont accept my id

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
J.A. I have got it working now,i went back,and instead of working it as a new ipad,i worked setting up from itunes,using my sons gmail,its okay now.What i would like to ask you,how do you delete all the emails you get in one go,instead of getting rid of them one at a time? I would like to thank for persisting with me.
If they are in the Inbox, you can either slide each email to the left and then choose "Trash":

image-3635181222.jpg

Or you tap "Edit"

image-62894289.jpg

Check mark every email (don't choose "Mark All"):

image-2679108003.jpg

And choose "Trash" afterwards:

image-2406755425.jpg

In Trash, they're easier to remove. Tap "Edit", and at the bottom you'll find "Delete All".

OP
M

marine123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
J.A.
Thanks for the email instructions,i will try that.
What i don't understand is why my son in the usa was able to transfer his apple id(email address)to my ipad and all his icons on to my ipad,when he did that,i was able to open my ipad through itunes instead of doing my ipad as a new ipad,which it wouldnt allow me to get my id which i had given to my wifes new ipad.

If thats the case couldnt my wife transfer her id to me?(Not as she or i would have known how to do it)

Thanks.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you use iTunes to set it up? (Computer)

If that's the case, backup her iPad to iTunes on your computer (if it hasn't been done already), set your iPad to factory settings (you already know how to do this) and restore your iPad from her backup.
Here's the link how to do it: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2109

You can choose which way to do it.
The descriptions how to backup and restore through iCloud are in the links as well.

If you're able to do this, her Apple ID will be on your iPad too.

Last edited:
OP
M

marine123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
J.A.
I have just downloaded the latest itunes on my comp,do i use the ipad cable to put in the usb on the comp to back up her ipad?
also do i need to put in an apple id to do a backup,or just use itunes to back her ipad up?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You need the USB cable that came with the iPad to connect it to the computer.

Tbh, I don't use iTunes most of the time, so I can't tell you for sure if the Apple ID needs to be set up in iTunes before connecting the iPad to it, or if it asks for the Apple ID and/or password when it's connected. Start the program (iTunes) without yet connecting her iPad to it, maybe it will automatically ask for an Apple ID.

If she has some content (photos) on her iPad that she doesn't want to disappear, make sure that automatic synchronization is prevented/prohibited in Edit - Settings - Devices.

Last edited:
OP
M

marine123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
J.A.
Have gone into itunes on comp,devices and ticked "prevent ipads from syncing automatically".hope that is okay.
Before i do the backup of my wifes ipad, and delete "all contents& settings in my ipad in reset",will i still have a problem when i transfer my wifes backup to my ipad off my comp,as like last time i reset my ipad,it wouldnt let me load anything,because my son(as you know has his account on my ipad which he left me)hadn't turned off his "find my ipad in icloud"so i had to phone to turn it off.
I see in icloud on my ipad,"find my ipad" is turned on,could i somehow turn iclould off in my ipad,without disrupting his ipad in the usa where he lives?Or would i have to phone him again to turn it off?

I just want to make sure things are okay before i go ahead.
Thanks.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
J.A.
Have gone into itunes on comp,devices and ticked "prevent ipads from syncing automatically".hope that is okay.
Before i do the backup of my wifes ipad, and delete "all contents& settings in my ipad in reset",will i still have a problem when i transfer my wifes backup to my ipad off my comp,as like last time i reset my ipad,it wouldnt let me load anything,because my son(as you know has his account on my ipad which he left me)hadn't turned off his "find my ipad in icloud"so i had to phone to turn it off.
I see in icloud on my ipad,"find my ipad" is turned on,could i somehow turn iclould off in my ipad,without disrupting his ipad in the usa where he lives?Or would i have to phone him again to turn it off?

I just want to make sure things are okay before i go ahead.
Thanks.

FindMyiPhone/iPad are unique to each device. You can share an account on multiple accounts, but disabling it on one device will not influence the other devices. You can always turn it back on afterwards by reinstating the credentials in Settings > iCloud. You may just want to log out of the iCloud account altogether since it will prompt you to enter the credentials several times, so you may want to ask your son for his iCloud password temporarily for the restoring process and for the reinstating process.

OP
M

marine123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To willerz2 & J.A.

I have deleted my ipad,backed my wifes ipad up on itunes on comp.and then restored my ipad off my wifes backup on the comp.
When i backup my wifes ipad,that went fine,then when i went to restore my ipad,itunes woundn't find my ipad to restore it,i tried for ages to get it to work,but no joy.

I then thought i will use my wifes cable,and bingo,itunes found my ipad,so i was able to restore it,probably my sons ipad cable which he left me is a bit dodgy.
Anyway,i would like to Thank you both (especially J.A.)for giving me all of the info how to restore my ipad,without you i couldn't have done it,brilliant.
Is all ipad2 cables the same,as i probably will buy one?

Thanks Again.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm very glad to see that you had success. :)

iPad 2 cables are the same. They both use 30 pin connectors. From iPad 4 onwards, iPads have lightning connectors.

Most reactions