What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ibooks

citiboi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I am a noob from Bangkok Thailand. Greetings to everyone here.

I bought an iPad from the US only to realize that I need to download the iBooks app before I can read any book. I am unable to download the app because it is not available in Thailand as yet. Bummer!

I am wondering if anyone will be kind enough to upload iBooks.ipa here or send the .ipa to me.

Thanks a million!!!

Citiboi

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Can you get the Stanza app? It is an iPhone app, but runs fine and reads epub's. Also Goodreader is an awesome reading app for PDF's but not pups......and very cheap.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi citiboi unfortunately, this will not work at all because the .ipa file is linked the itunes account i have try this trick some hundred time don’t work even with a jailbreak otherwise it will be simple and clear in no time you have million of torrent with Apple app’s

yet 2 solutions

1) be patient (like me)
2) open Us itunes account (not that simple)

Sorry for make you disappointed …

at least you can do like Bremen or Me use Stanza where you have million of e-book en thousand for FREE

OP
C

citiboi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Bremen and IpadOne for your recommendation. I will download Stanza. I have downloaded Goodreader but transferring ebooks to Goodreader can be a pain!!

I am asking for my cousin's account id in the states.. I will try to download iBooks and upload here.

Keep your fingers crossed for me, will you?

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I posted these sites in the iBooks forum here at ipadforums.net . These are all legal free books, in epub format (native for iBooks) and can also be read on Stanza. You can get any of these you want and read on stanza, then bring them into iTunes when you get iBooks.

ePub Books - MobileRead Forums

ManyBooks.net - Free eBooks for your iPad, smartphone, or eBook reader

epubBooks.com - Free EPUB eBooks for your mobile eReader - Unleash Your Books

Feedbooks | Food for the mind

Free epub children's picture books

The link below is a site that converts documents to ePub online.... Nothing to download....

2EPUB - Free tool to convert documents and e-books to EPUB format. 100% free online converter.

OP
C

citiboi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Bremen... thanks Katherinelucy. You know what? By a stroke of luck, I managed to get my cousin in US to help me start an account. I downloaded iBooks :D:D

It is a very pretty app but one big flaw. When I use calibre to convert .pdf to .ePub, the size of each page is slightly smaller than the screen. Also, calibre doesn't convert other asian languages. There is also no zoom.

I really kinda like Goodreader which can read .pdf. Very good deal for 0.99 cents!

I wanted to upload the iBooks app for non-USA members here but it won't work because iTunes need authorization. Only jailbroken iPads will not require authorization.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
citiboi said:
Thanks Bremen... thanks Katherinelucy. You know what? By a stroke of luck, I managed to get my cousin in US to help me start an account. I downloaded iBooks :D:D

It is a very pretty app but one big flaw. When I use calibre to convert .pdf to .ePub, the size of each page is slightly smaller than the screen. Also, calibre doesn't convert other asian languages. There is also no zoom.

I really kinda like Goodreader which can read .pdf. Very good deal for 0.99 cents!

I wanted to upload the iBooks app for non-USA members here but it won't work because iTunes need authorization. Only jailbroken iPads will not require authorization.

I have sent details in private message cheers Colin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
C

citiboi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
2) open Us itunes account (not that simple)

Sawasdee khrap!

That is not correct. There is an easy way to setup an account on The US store.
But I believe Col.bris sent you already the instructions. Otherwise contact me and I help.

Hi Kheldour

Thanks for your message. Yes Col.bris has written to me but I already have a US account which I can use.

Thanks again. :)

Cheers!!

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kindle app and reader unavailable too?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Citiboi-it sounds like you are making progress. Have fun, and enjoy the forums.

OP
C

citiboi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Kargurin

Well, I know that Stanza, GoodReader and Kindle are available in Thailand. However, as you know, there was so much hype about iBooks when the iPad was launched! It is like THE app for iPad. That is why I was excited to try it.

I believe Kindle is proprietary.. so it can read limited formats. I have yet to try Stanza. I understand there are many ebooks which you can download for free if you use Stanza.

After using iBooks, I must say, I prefer GoodReader. It reads .pdf files so I do not need to convert my .pdf files to .epub. It has a zoom and you can customize the interface a little. If only there is a way to transfer using USB....

OP
C

citiboi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Citiboi-it sounds like you are making progress. Have fun, and enjoy the forums.

Thanks brhon.

This forum is great and the people are really helpful :) I have learnt a lot about the iPad!!

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Kargurin

Well, I know that Stanza, GoodReader and Kindle are available in Thailand. However, as you know, there was so much hype about iBooks when the iPad was launched! It is like THE app for iPad. That is why I was excited to try it.

I believe Kindle is proprietary.. so it can read limited formats. I have yet to try Stanza. I understand there are many ebooks which you can download for free if you use Stanza.

After using iBooks, I must say, I prefer GoodReader. It reads .pdf files so I do not need to convert my .pdf files to .epub. It has a zoom and you can customize the interface a little. If only there is a way to transfer using USB....

Actually I prefer the kindle app to the iBook app because it gives you the option of a sepia background. Hopefully apple will make this available at some point because I find it easier on the eyes. And with the free kindle app you have the entire kindle library at your disposal. I don't know the limitations of the app vs. that of iBook though to be honest.

Most reactions

Latest posts