What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

College eBooks

gina423

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need help! LoL I am in college and i bought the iPad because our books are an ebook. So I figured that if I got the iPad it would save me from downloading and printing the books. BUT my books are not supported by iBook, Readder, PDF Expert.

I am looking for an app that supports PDF login and password.

I was told that "There are two types of protected PDFs. First one, which is supported by PDF Expert, is a generic protected file that only requires password to be opened. Second type requires login and password is used less, mostly on textbooks, and is not supported by PDF Expert."

PLEASE HELP!!!! I know there has got to be an app for this. There is an app for everything!
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe PDF Reader Pro Edition can do this. Check it out in the App Store, but it explicitly mentions being able to open the type of eBooks that you refer to.

Tim

Bud

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.insilicodesigns.com
GoodReader for iPad

I'm not sure if GoodReader has the features you want, but I'd be surprised if it didn't. It handles a variety of formats, as well as several different ways to get documents to the device (DropBox, HTTP, and others).

You might want to check it out. It is a really powerful app, with a great system for organizing and managing a lot of documents.

Most reactions