What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iBooks for iPad

rbaron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all.... since this is the anything goes part of this site I'll ask this anything goes question......

anyone know of a place where iBooks could be downloaded to the iPad, for free?

Like a news service like Giganews?

Thanks much.....

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe that there are free books available through the iBooks app Gutenburg Project catalog. These are out-of-copyright or non-copyright titles, so you won't get anything from the bestsellers list.

And please don't bring up that scam site that charges $50.00 for the information that I just gave you.

OP
R

rbaron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
figmo,

Thanks for the info. I will look into it.

Also what site are you referring to that costs $50.00?

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And please don't bring up that scam site that charges $50.00 for the information that I just gave you.

That information was valuable. I was always thinking, what is behind that obvious scammer. Thanks for sharing.

BTW, there are a lot of the Gutenberg books even in the iBook-Store.

One tip here:

As the free books don't come with proper covers, I pull up the information about the free book in iTunes and copy and paste the covers from amazon.com

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all.... since this is the anything goes part of this site I'll ask this anything goes question......

anyone know of a place where iBooks could be downloaded to the iPad, for free?

Like a news service like Giganews?

Thanks much.....
FYI We call them ebooks not ibooks . Ibooks is the software reading application from Apple for the iPad.

OP
R

rbaron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iVan,

Don't worry about it. I was not offended. I am glad you corrected me. Now I can call them what they are.... eBooks.

Not mad at all......

Rich

Last edited:

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
figmo,

Thanks for the info. I will look into it.

Also what site are you referring to that costs $50.00?

This forum has been often spammed by people trying to earn a comission from iPadmedia.com or some such name. The unwary who fail to read the TOS find out that they've just spent $50. for freely available info.

Oh, and by the way, if you download the Kindle book app for iPad you will find free books there, too. Amazon gives away recent titles on a regular basis and makes out of copyright titles available all the time. One possible drawback is that an Amazon account is needed, but since I already have a Kindle it's a natural for me.

Last edited:
D

deoknam

Hi! Im planning to download some ebooks not from iTunes.how can I Sync it to my iPad? :)

Most reactions

Latest posts