What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iBook Download Changes Since Update ios17

Glboater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since the update, all my EPUB files are going into the Download folder in Files instead of giving me a choice to put direct into iBooks as it previously has been. When I open the file in download folder it then goes to iBooks. I then have to go into Download and delete the EPUb there.
weird. Anyone else getting this?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It does seem that way.

You don't have to go to the Files app though. After a download there is a little circle with down arrow icon at the top right in Safari. Tap on that then the file, and it seems to open right up in Books. At least it did in my one test.

OP
G

Glboater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not me, the circle did download, but to the Download folder in Files.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This is what I did right after an ePub download. It opened directly in Books.

It also ends up in the Download directory in Files. You can change the destination folder in Safari's settings.

Image.png

Melissa821

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since the update, all my EPUB files are going into the Download folder in Files instead of giving me a choice to put direct into iBooks as it previously has been. When I open the file in download folder it then goes to iBooks. I then have to go into Download and delete the EPUb there.
weird. Anyone else getting this?
Have you been able to fix it?

Most reactions