What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iBooks 2 will not open books or pdfs

SimonAllen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having serious probslms with iBooks. The books show with a black line through them as though they are waiting to download. They will not open. So far I have updaged my iPad2 to the latest version of iOS. Deleted the ibooks app and reinstalled. I have gone back to iBooks and opened my collection and I have tried downloading again a book I already have. That works for a while but then the books become inaccessable again. One book Winnie the Pooh (which I have not bought but was with the app orginally) I can neither delete nor downlaod. So any ideas of what to try next?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Have you tried reseting your iPad since the iOS update?

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

Another possibility that has worked for some people is to go into Settings > General > Reset; and Reset All Settings. Use the As New iPad option. This will not erase your apps, content, or accounts, but you will need to go through all the settings again to make sure they are the way you want.

Be careful not to choose the Erase All. . . option just above this. You won't like that. ;)

Most reactions