What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iBook stuck...

Jan2211

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a new iPad and I have been downloading books from iBooks with no trouble at all. However, I tried to buy one the other day and it started downloading then in stopped, I have re boot the iPad, tried to delete the book but it is still showing as "downloading", has anyone else had this problem? If so, how do I get rid of the error and/or the book

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try restarting the iPad. This has worked for me in the past. The book generally disappears, and I start the download again.

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends you restart the iPad at least once a month.
and then a reset if that does not work.

lawoyindami

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a similar problem on my ipad 2. I tried downloading a free book, it got stock and now, I can't delete it. I've restarted the tablet still nothing.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, it may be a bit drastic (especially if you have a lot of books downloaded) - but have you tried deleting the iBooks app? Then, once it's deleted, you can download it again and then try your book again.

Sorry, but that's all I can think of (as I am not getting the same issue).

Marilyn

lawoyindami

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Well, it may be a bit drastic (especially if you have a lot of books downloaded) - but have you tried deleting the iBooks app? Then, once it's deleted, you can download it again and then try your book again.

Sorry, but that's all I can think of (as I am not getting the same issue).

Marilyn

Thanks Marilyn. I guess I'll just leave it there then. That process seems just too long. Thanks all the same.

Dami

tinahallmark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had problems with my NASB bible not letting me turn pages so I deleted it and tried to get it back but it says its downloading but it's not I deleted iBook app and tried again. This time it doesn't show up in iBooks but in the store it shoes that it is downloading. It's been 2 days and I haven't had trouble downloading other things but it won,'t. I've tried hard reboot and turning off the app and turning off iPad nothing works.

lawoyindami

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tinahallmark said:
I had problems with my NASB bible not letting me turn pages so I deleted it and tried to get it back but it says its downloading but it's not I deleted iBook app and tried again. This time it doesn't show up in iBooks but in the store it shoes that it is downloading. It's been 2 days and I haven't had trouble downloading other things but it won,'t. I've tried hard reboot and turning off the app and turning off iPad nothing works.

Try downloading it with your computer and then sync it to you ipad. I had a similar problem with a large size book I tried downloading. It ran halfway and started to bug and I couldn't delete the half downloaded material for days. Then I got an advice from here.
It's your computer that has to do the download. Open iTunes (with your pc), click downloads. You will find its already running. Let it run through and then sync the loaded material to your ipad. And that should be it.
Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Try downloading it with your computer and then sync it to you ipad. I had a similar problem with a large size book I tried downloading. It ran halfway and started to bug and I couldn't delete the half downloaded material for days. Then I got an advice from here.
It's your computer that has to do the download. Open iTunes (with your pc), click downloads. You will find its already running. Let it run through and then sync the loaded material to your ipad. And that should be it.
Hope this helps.

I am also having trouble with the NASB ibook it freezes does not allow me to turn pages - thinking of deleting it then re-dowloading - my question is: will I lose all my highlights and bookmarks? I really do not wish to lose those.

(Only since the iBook update in November has NASB been giving me trouble - before then it was fine.)

Thank you in advance.

Most reactions

Latest posts