What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I sold my Nook on CL for $150!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am so happy. After reading on the iPad, there is simply no comparison. I had my Nook for only a few months and it sold rather quickly.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am so happy. After reading on the iPad, there is simply no comparison. I had my Nook for only a few months and it sold rather quickly.

We sold both our Kindle readers shortly after our iPad was delivered. Although the Kindle has an advantage in readability in bright light we're very happy with the Kindle app. I don't even have iBooks installed and buy all our titles from Amazon.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's pretty good considering they just lowered the price on the nooks to $150 for the wifi and $200 for th 3G. If I did a lot of reading, I think I would prefer an unlit screen. But with the iPad, you can buy books from apple, barnes and noble, or Amazon.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's pretty good considering they just lowered the price on the nooks to $150 for the wifi and $200 for th 3G. If I did a lot of reading, I think I would prefer an unlit screen. But with the iPad, you can buy books from apple, barnes and noble, or Amazon.

I agree. I had the price at $200, but he brought it to my attention the lowering of the prices and I went for the $150.

I didn't know that we can get books from all of those sources. Great!

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yep, you can probably use all the books you bought for your nook on the ipad. Not sure if they let you transfer them, but I would think so.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Just curious, How many books did you include with your sale... You did good selling at $150

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, you can probably use all the books you bought for your nook on the ipad. Not sure if they let you transfer them, but I would think so.

I wonder...

Wife and I sold our Sony readers, the iPad is just much better for us......

You sold your Nook just in time :)

Yes I did! I was surprised!

Just curious, How many books did you include with your sale... You did good selling at $150

Well ~ I only had like maybe 7 books on there and only like a few I paid for. Now that you mention it I did pay a good price for The Sociopath Next Door.

It is on HIS Nook now.:( Do you think I can get it through B&N and re-download it?

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I wonder...

Wife and I sold our Sony readers, the iPad is just much better for us......

You sold your Nook just in time :)

Yes I did! I was surprised!

Well ~ I only had like maybe 7 books on there and only like a few I paid for. Now that you mention it I did pay a good price for The Sociopath Next Door.

It is on HIS Nook now.:( Do you think I can get it through B&N and re-download it?

Yea you should be able too assuming you didn't share your account info with the buyer.

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't have a nook but I'd guess it's like the kindle and that you need to deregister the device from your account. Should have done that before you sold it.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If there's a web-based account management function, sign on and deregister the Nook from your account. When I sold the Kindles, I had them decommissioned right before the sale via web. I would think that you would be seeing charges by now if the new owner was stealing from your account.

Last edited:

Most reactions