What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I download books from Barnes&Noble?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To my iPad? I'm thinkin not. There are 8 books I want that are in my Nook library at B&N. I sold my Nook, when I got my iPad and now I want my books.

I can download them again, but to my computer, apparently. I will never find them after I download them, I know it.:(

How to get them on my iPad? I don't suppose one can download directly to iTunes....or if anyone has a magic wand?

Help!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well ~ I have made progress! I went to the site and downloaded the NOOK for the ipad app. Which makes no sense to me. It was free. Good thing. It didn't work. The reviews were awful.

But when I click download on my books, from the app on my iPad, they all downloaded.

But where the hell are they?:confused:

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
They are in your archives. You need to choose the store from within your app. Then look for 'my account'. You will see your library, archivee, etc. Choose archives, find your books and download them to your library. You can have hem on your Nook, Ipad, Touch, Iphone.

Reread your post. They should be in your library, but you need to be sure you have your account setup from within your app.

I don't know about reviews, but I have all the book apps and read on all of them. The Nook is my favorite. It has the most options and is the most flexible, better than Kindle IMO. I don't use Ibooks much because it often doesn't have the books I want.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't get it. Any book that you are downloading into your PC can be moved through iTune into your iBOOK. If it is in EPUB format, it will show up properly. If it is some other format, you can convert it. Lots of free programs that convert almost any format too EPUB, or at least PDF. So what is the big deal here ?

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You guys are confusing me. Easily done though.:eek::D

Reread your post. They should be in your library, but you need to be sure you have your account setup from within your app.

I don't know about reviews, but I have all the book apps and read on all of them. The Nook is my favorite. It has the most options and is the most flexible, better than Kindle IMO. I don't use Ibooks much because it often doesn't have the books I want.

Hope this helps.

Hi Diane. Thanks for responding. I am not sure what you mean by the bolded statement.:confused: Open the app on iPad and set up account? I think I did that....not sure though! I will check it out.

Don't forget me!

I don't get it. Any book that you are downloading into your PC can be moved through iTune into your iBOOK. If it is in EPUB format, it will show up properly. If it is some other format, you can convert it. Lots of free programs that convert almost any format too EPUB, or at least PDF. So what is the big deal here ?

I knew it! The big deal is that, is that it is ME, trying to do this.:( So I can download all 8 books to my computer, but then I can't find them!

I went to documents and downloads and they are no where. So you must help me find them first.:D

Then pop them to iTunes after we convert them. :D:D

So ~ I hope you come back, Sir. :)

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Marie, I hope this picture helps you see what

Diane was telling you. I don't have any archived books but if I did, and she implied your 8 books might be archived, you would find it here. Usually when you first enter the app, or you buy your first book in the app, you are walked through the process of setting up your account. When you shop for books the app will remember you and your information so that it will easily sell you a book. I like the Nooks lending ability--which allows me to lend my book to someone else. But I'm the only one I know who uses an iPad for reading and I cannot see how this feature works.

8ec4489d.png

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Open the app on iPad and set up account? I think I did that....not sure though!
When you open up to Nook app, tap on the word "Nook" and that will bring up a box that will either show your account name or ask you to log in. This has to be the same username that you use on the B&N website.

nook.jpg

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, both of the above are correct. The issue may be that you aren't using the same info for both the app and the store. Be sure they are the same and you should find your books in the online archive (in the Nook/Barnes &Noble bookstore) or library area and just select download. I did it twice last night to be sure. I first archived a read book, then redownloaded it to the Ipad again.

Diane

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
But when I click download on my books, from the app on my iPad, they all downloaded.

This is the part I don't understand. Where did you click on download on your books from within the app (if you can't see them)?

I think the most important thing is that you need to have setup your account from within the app the same as what you used to purchase on your Nook. If so, your books will show in your archives in the Nook bookstore under your account. If you don't see them there then I would have to guess you have not set up your account correctly in the app. Consider deleting it and reinstall and set up correctly.

Last edited:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any book that you are downloading into your PC can be moved through iTune into your iBOOK.
This is not necessarily true. Books that are purchased that have a copyright are protected by a DRM (Digital Rights Management) scheme and can only be read on that seller's reading device, software or app unless you "unwrap" the DRM from the file... and that is not a subject that can be discussed on this forum.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score

This is the part I don't understand. Where did you click on download on your books (if you can't see them)?
After you buy your book, you can view the items in your library by selecting My NOOK Library

nook1.jpg

Once you are here, you can see the books in your library that you have purchased. At this point, it is still sitting in your library at B&N. From here you can either download the book to your iPad by clicking on Download...

nook2.jpg

OR... save it to your archive so it doesn't take up any room on your iPad. When you are ready to read the book, you can select the Move to Library option.

nook3.jpg

Clear as mud, eh? I agree that it can be hard to understand, very convoluted and takes a lot of unnecessary steps.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Any book that you are downloading into your PC can be moved through iTune into your iBOOK.
This is not necessarily true. Books that are purchased that have a copyright are protected by a DRM (Digital Rights Management) scheme and can only be read on that seller's reading device, software or app unless you "unwrap" the DRM from the file... and that is not a subject that can be discussed on this forum.

And not necessary either. If the books were bought for the Nook then they are available for download to the Nook app. Its the same as with the Kindle and Kindle app. They are always available, once bought, from the bookstore under your account. That's the key--your bookstore account.

Last edited:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score

And not necessary either. If the books were bought for the Nook then they are available for download to the Nook app.
I think I just said that!

I was trying to clarify peled's claim that ANY book can be read on the iBooks app simply by converting it to ePub format. This is the part that is not true.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good instructions. This post wasn't showing in my thread when I posted the question. Following the printscreens here the OP should be able to get her Nook books to her Ipad app.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And not necessary either. If the books were bought for the Nook then they are available for download to the Nook app. Its the same as with the Kindle and Kindle app. They are always available, once bought, from the bookstore under your account. That's the key--your bookstore account.

Right! Diane. My books were bought for the Nook. They are in my library at B&N. They have been there forever. I have opened the app, and I am there. I downloaded them all. Once again.

So where are they? I am obviously missing something. How do I opened them on the ipad?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts