What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I so need help please!

mslammers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
SweetPoison, all programs that Sync behave the same way. They look at the "home" folder and make the "away" folder look the same. So if you take your "old" photos out of "home" and put "new" ones in, Sync takes the "old" photos out of "away" and "new" photos in. It also will take missing photos "old" from the "away" device and delete them from the "home" device. Hence the multiple folders to hold different groups, some "old" and some "new." Never mix the two and then delete one set.
Got it?
Mel

Fotonutz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Matt

Yup, you're right!

"Places" are actually geotagging while "Faces" are essentially photos of your favorite friends or family members in the iPhoto library and it is sorted using facial recognition. So, these features are only available for Mac OS users.

The Places and Faces are visible in the top bar...

2471e622.jpg

As far as I know, the Faces and Places can't be imported into the iPad via syncing the folders. That's why I had to resort to syncing via the iPhoto library. However, the problem is that it doesn't sync what I've selected!!!

It will skip one or two folders during the initial sync, but will sync these folders the next time round.....really frustrating!

Did anyone encounter the same problems when they sync their photos using the iPhoto library?

Most reactions

Latest posts