What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need some help JB ipad 2 no 3g

moooboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad 2 3g 32gb is JB on 5.0.1. This is the second time my ipad wont get off of edge, no 3g no matter where i am. Last time i had to restore and get att to give me a new sim.but 5.0.1 was still out then. I went in today and got a new sim( didnt restore, didnt want to lose my JB) i got tons of work docs in ifile and dont want to lose them all again.the sim didnt work. My SHSH's are saved. What do i do? I was told to take it to apple, ill have to restore to the latest software if i do and lose my jb. Aybe the update will fix the problem, but once again i lose my JB
help!
thanks

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
3G capabilities can be toggled on and off using SBSettings. You aren't doing this by accident are you? If not, because you don't have it installed, get it installed and try toggling 3G off then back on.

Also, in my experience, any time I've come across this before, it has been a carrier issue with masts in a particular area and not actually the iPad! Just my experience though.

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had this same problem with my iPhone 4 on Verizon. It would not go off of Verizon O - which is the equivalent of Edge, I'm sure. I went into Cydia and reinstalled "Mobile Substrate." That fixed me right up and haven't had a problem since. I suggest you do that first. I had to something more than just update it... seems now that I had to select "Clear" then install it again. Let us know.

Most reactions