What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I keep pressing the home button

skipper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you hold the ipad side wides who else presses the home button by mestake because its in the way?. I do it all the time when in apps and i think the home button should have been in one of the corners where you dont hold the ipad. Or is it just me?.

Sorry wrong forum. Ment to have put it in General.

Last edited:

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why are you holding it so tightly? You don't need to squeeze it...this has neve happened to me.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've often pressed the home button and accidentally dumped out of apps when holding it with the button to my left. Now I turn it so the control is on my right.

zman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you hold the ipad side wides who else presses the home button by mestake because its in the way?. I do it all the time when in apps and i think the home button should have been in one of the corners where you dont hold the ipad. Or is it just me?.

Sorry wrong forum. Ment to have put it in General.

Guilty here :D

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I haven't had a problem with the home button. I'm more a "hit the N when I meant to hit the Space Bar" and "P when I meant Erase" guy. :)

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever bumped the home button, but I have it the off button once or twice.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Never hit the home button. My problem I'd when scrolling and I hit something I didn't want to go to.

HistoryWes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hit it all the time when I'm holding it to read a book. Lately I've been turning it upside down. I also hit menus at the bottom of the screen when I swipe down to roll text upwards.

Teacher's Pet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't remember which game, but one of my games is especially bad. The controls are just right, every time I get excited I hit the home button no matter which side it's on. 99 percent of the time, I don't have a problem with hitting it. But in that one game, just when the action gets good I hit that bloody button and have to start all over.

Also, Im the worst when messaging about hitting "n" instead of the spacebar, so I'll have a message With 200 characters, that's only three REALLY big words lol. And in aim, I was bad about hitting "send" instead of backspace. With my girlfriend being an English teacher, it makes my screw ups really stand out.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I accidentally bit home a lot when I hold the iPad in landscape with the home button to the right. So I try to remember to have it on the left, try being the operative word.

I also have the "hit N instead of space" issue, but that has improved greatly over the past 5 weeks.

GailLA

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sometimes I forget which way I'm holding my iPad and I have to "fish" for the home button, or the other off screen controls. I also sometimes forget which way the volume "up" and "down" is depending on the orientation. Lastly, since the volume is on the opposite side than it is on my iPhone, I sometimes look for it on the wrong side. But I find that all minor and I figure that with some more time, new habits will form.

Most reactions

Latest posts