What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I just got the coolest low profile case for my Mini, check it out

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got the coolest case for the mini, BB has it for $35. Made by X-Doria, called the smartcase. After having ipad 2 with portfolio style case, I wanted a low profile case to really keep the size down and this was it. And it was essential I had the magnet so that the ipad shuts on and off each time I close it. Basically Apples smart cover on the front and hard polycarbonate backing that fits the ipad really perfect. I like the smart cover but not for $50 hahahaha, cost 10 cents to make it.

Theres no demo on youtube for this case so heres a video i took for those interested.

Last edited by a moderator:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. I may go see if my BB has them. I'm itching for a decent case.

Do you happen to know how much it weighs?

zman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is definitely the style of case I want. I'm not digging the rear design though but that is, of course, personal :)

I'm glad you found yours!

OP
T

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is definitely the style of case I want. I'm not digging the rear design though but that is, of course, personal :)

I'm glad you found yours!

The rear adds some spice to it.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Looks like the Poetic slimline portfolio. They are selling them for $4.95 FREE shipping on amazon.com right now.
There are some other poetic cases for really cheap as well on amazon for a limited time.

Amazon.com: poetic ipad mini

YouTube

One of the cases I have whose sleep/wake doesn't work is very similar to these. One concern I have with it is the plastic back has some rather sharp edges....I'm concerned about it scratching the paint off my blackish blue mini along the bordering edges.

I think is the one of the differences between a $5 case and a $50 case.

tdc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of the cases I have whose sleep/wake doesn't work is very similar to these. One concern I have with it is the plastic back has some rather sharp edges....I'm concerned about it scratching the paint off my blackish blue mini along the bordering edges.

True! I feel like I am going to need to see the case in person...
I just ordered a Radtech felt sleeve for now until I can find a case I like.

Atheana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got the coolest case for the mini, BB has it for $35. Made by X-Doria, called the smartcase. After having ipad 2 with portfolio style case, I wanted a low profile case to really keep the size down and this was it. And it was essential I had the magnet so that the ipad shuts on and off each time I close it. Basically Apples smart cover on the front and hard polycarbonate backing that fits the ipad really perfect. I like the smart cover but not for $50 hahahaha, cost 10 cents to make it.

Theres no demo on youtube for this case so heres a video i took for those interested.

Do you know where one can buy this case online? I live in the UK and can't seem to find a retailer, thought Amazon might do it..but no.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
T

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Sharp edges on this Poetic $5 case? I agree i prefer to see the case in person first before buying. Hard to do with just pics. Need to see the fit and finish.

The case I have, i dont think you can find a better fit for that price.

zman

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Is yours the Poetic brand?

I got 2 of the *revised* Poetic Slimline cases which should be shipping any day now. I'll give feedback here when they come unless somebody beats me to it.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Last edited:

tdc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is yours the Poetic brand?

I got 2 of the *revised* Poetic Slimline cases which should be shipping any day now. I'll give feedback here when they come unless somebody beats me to it.

I also ordered one of the Revised Poetic slimline cases... I'll also leave feedback...

Most reactions