What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have lost my Icons

pcimaging

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it appears we are limited to eleven pages of icons. I am guessing that if you install more icons than will fit on those eleven you won't see all of them. I installed a program called Sketchbook Pro. even though I can not find the icon for that app on my iPad I am able to open the program from the search window. Other than not installing so many apps is there a way to fix this? I do not suppose there is a way to increase the maximum number of pages for programs.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you may want to consider going into iTunes and disabling those apps that you don't use on a regular basis. You don't need to store all of your apps on your iPad - store them all on iTunes where you have more room on your PC.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it appears we are limited to eleven pages of icons. I am guessing that if you install more icons than will fit on those eleven you won't see all of them. I installed a program called Sketchbook Pro. even though I can not find the icon for that app on my iPad I am able to open the program from the search window. Other than not installing so many apps is there a way to fix this? I do not suppose there is a way to increase the maximum number of pages for programs.

I have read you can find it using the search function, they say that for iPhone so i believe it will be the same for iPad

please let me know the result

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
this should work as it does on the iPhone. You will not loose data just soft resets The ipad. I lost 2 applications recently and this fixed it.
Regards Colin

If your iPad is stuck and is not responding or missing app icons then you can reset it to recover to normal functioning. To reset, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

OP
P

pcimaging

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have more than 222 apps

Hold on a second...you have more than 11 pages worth of apps already? That means you have about 222 Apps? Wow!

What looks like a solution for the iPhone, that may work on the iPad - How to Display More Than 11 Pages on Apps on iPhone/iPod Touch | AllTechRelated

Yea well I have installed many that I purchased originally for the iPod Touch. And of course I have purchased about 10 more designed for the iPad. I did not know that was unusual. Just call me the app-aholic.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hold on a second...you have more than 11 pages worth of apps already? That means you have about 222 Apps? Wow!

What looks like a solution for the iPhone, that may work on the iPad - How to Display More Than 11 Pages on Apps on iPhone/iPod Touch | AllTechRelated

Yea well I have installed many that I purchased originally for the iPod Touch. And of course I have purchased about 10 more designed for the iPad. I did not know that was unusual. Just call me the app-aholic.

Hahahaha seems I was unaware of the limit "col eats crow":D I found this link
How To Display 11+ Pages of iPhone Apps | PHP-Princess.net

Have not tried it as no ipad here yet but it should work on ipad

regards colin:)

linda.c

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I lost one of my game app icons. Can someone help me find it?

Most reactions

Latest posts