What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

White blank icons

Duncc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi ... iPad 1 iOS 5.0 jailbroken having the well documented Safari, and other browser crashes, as well as some other apps doing the same. Went through the fixes except for an OS reload. Tried optimizing memory - nada. Tried dumping a few unused apps. Then dumped and reloaded one of the reliable crashers, a solitaire program. After the reload five blank white icons appeared with labels. Two labels read iOS and Field Test. The others I didn't have the presence of mind to jot down. For grins, what else, I touched the Field Test icon and got a non responsive page that looked like white lined paper, and was otherwise blank. Seemed to be locked up, but who knows what sort of input would have been accepted anyway. So did a reset, the icons were gone, and low and behold Safari no longer crashes, and the reliable crashing solitaire game now runs flawlessly and is much faster. If anyone knows what those icons are about and how I managed to access them I'd appreciate an explanation. Otherwise I'm just adding to the mysterious saga of the iPad 1 and iOS 5.0 screwiness for your amusement. Wish i could duplicate the episode since it seems to have fixed something related to the Safari crash problem. Best regards all.

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums! I don't remember the names, but for some tweaks and apps I've installed on my jailbroken iPhone caused these mysterious white icons, and all my hidden icons to reappear onto my springboard. As for what they are, im guessing some root app/files that the jailbreak installed onto the device, which are needed for the jailbreak tweaks and whatnot to function. I have absolutely 0 knowledge on these white icon things, im just speculating. A simple respring (restart of the springboard) or reboot of the device will make these go away. As for a detailed "what they are" or "where they come from" is honestly beyond me. Hope this somewhat helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts