What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skype for iPad

auld yin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Installed the APP and registered with Skype. However when I open the App I don't get all I expect. I get a page with contacts only and when I press to contact all I receive is a page with contact's phone number and a phone icon. There's no camera icon for a video call. If I press the phone icon I'm told I must subscribe to use. There is virtually nothing else on the page vs what is on my computer Skype account.
What am I doing wrong? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you install the Skype for iPad app, or some othe Skype app? Do you have an iPad 2?

OP
A

auld yin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Did you install the Skype for iPad app, or some othe Skype app? Do you have an iPad 2?

Yes, an iPad2. I thought I'd installed the app for iPad.

Jrs22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's a fee for using skype to call phones. Have you tried adding a contact who has skype on their computer? I use skype on my iPad and the video chat icon is only available when calling another computer.

OP
A

auld yin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's a fee for using skype to call phones. Have you tried adding a contact who has skype on their computer? I use skype on my iPad and the video chat icon is only available when calling another computer.

Thanks for your response. The person I would like to contact has the app installed on his iPad2 but it looks exactly like mine when opened.

Jrs22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know if this is helpful, but here's what I see. When I open the app I see icons for all my contacts. I have one friend with 2 separate entries, one for her home phone and one for her skype name. Only the latter icon leads to a screen with the button for a video call. I added her to my contact list on my PC, and then it showed up when I logged in on my iPad. Now what I would do, as a test, although it shouldn't be necessary, is log out of skype, add your friend's contact on your PC, and then log back in on your iPad. I love the skype app, bugs and all, because I can make calls from anywhere in my home. Good luck.

Most reactions

Latest posts