What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello & I lost my IBook icon

marykrys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all. So far I love the I pad, I think mostly for the potential. I am learning, but some things I am learning the hard way. For example my screen froze in I books and when I followed directions to unfreeze I lost the icon. The app is still loaded, at least I am no able to reload and it shows up in my settings.
Can anyone help?
Mary rye

HedgeHogLuvva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
marykrys said:
Hi all. So far I love the I pad, I think mostly for the potential. I am learning, but some things I am learning the hard way. For example my screen froze in I books and when I followed directions to unfreeze I lost the icon. The app is still loaded, at least I am no able to reload and it shows up in my settings.
Can anyone help?
Mary rye

Make sure that you have everything saved, then hold the power button and home button until you see the apple logo, that will reboot the ipad, and the ibook icon should reappear

tarrylong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HedgeHogLuvva said:
Make sure that you have everything saved, then hold the power button and home button until you see the apple logo, that will reboot the ipad, and the ibook icon should reappear

Hello there...
I have a similar issue with my iBook icon. It just vanished from the home screen. After reading posts about lost icons, I tried the restart several times without any change. I have checked the restriction settings and there is nothing turned off there. I did a synch with my computer and can see that my ebooks are still present on my iPad. Any other suggestions for restoring the icon? What would happen to all my apps icons if I were to restore to the home page to the factory default arrangement? Will I lose those newer icons? Any advice very much appreciated.

Most reactions

Latest posts