What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have 2 solid black Square pictures that I can't delete?

pego99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can select them but the delete key is not actuated. I would like to delete them. Please help.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How did those pictures get on your iPad? Because if it's via an iTunes sync, you'll have to connect to iTunes and delete them via iTunes. You can't delete iTunes synced pictures off the iPad using the delete function.

Marilyn

OP
P

pego99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not sure how they got there. It may have something to do with photoalbums+ which I bought but I found that it is junk. All pictures have to start at the camera roll and then you can move them to photoalbum+ folders. To try this out I added 2 pictures to the camera roll. The result was bad the 2 pictures became 4 pictures in the bottom film strip but would not display full screen. Some pictures that appeared 1 time in the film strip appeared multiple times as I moved through full screen. The bottom line is I removed photoalbum+ and I was able to delete the added pictures using xlisoft ipad to pc software but the 2 solid black squares cannot be seen any other way but in the photo app. Even ifile cannot find them.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, the tweak PhotoAlbums+ is one that doesn't get updated fast. I had trouble with it on my iPhone. So, it's probably not ready to be run on iOS 5.1.1...

I LIKE the tweak, don't get me wrong. It's just best to not use something that complicated that doesn't have a recent update specifically for your iOS.

Glad to hear you found the pictures and zapped 'em.

Marilyn

OP
P

pego99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No the 2 black squares are still there. I was able to delete the 2 trial pictures but the 2 black squares I cannot figure out how to get rid of.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, I see. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

May I suggest, then, that you contact the developer of PhotoAlbums+ to report a bug. In that conversation, maybe you can ask him how to remove those files. Cause I got nothing for you, unfortunately, especially given that you can't even find/see them with iFile.

Marilyn

OP
P

pego99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Mickey I did write to them a couple of times but they are totally unresponsive and somewhat unethical. There ad on Cydia has 20+ glowing references from "satisfied customers" but if you go to the you tube link for the product demonstration all the you tube comments are very negative on the product. I will avoid this company in the future.

Most reactions