What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can deleted photos be recovered?

Kaliesmom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I accidentally pressed delete after downloading photos from my camera. I thought that the button I pushed would deselect all of the pictures with the green check mark so I could select only the ones I wanted. Instead, it deleted them before actually importing them AND deleted them from the compact flash in my camera. I was using the camera connection kit for the ipad2. Any way to retrieve those pictures??? Thanks

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Google a program called "Recuva" it will most times restore the photos on the SD card as long as you haven't formated the SD card. It's for windoz.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First, pull the memory card from your camera and don't use it for anything else to avoid overwriting the photo files. Next get a photo recovery application. I've had great luck with PhotoRescue:

PhotoRescue - FREE DOWNLOAD - Photo Rescue 3.0 - Digital Photo Recovery Software | PhotoshopSupport.com

As mentioned, there are plenty of others as well. Here's a link if you'd like to find others...

[ame=http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=digital+camera+memory+card+recovery+software&btnG=Search]digital camera memory card recovery software - Google Search[/ame]

Once you have the recovery software of your choice get a [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Flash-Memory-Reader-TS-RDP8K/dp/B001NS0OZ4/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1305526399&sr=8-8"]memory card reader like this one [/ame](which actually comes with a photo recovery program) and connect it to your Mac or PC. Insert your camera's memory card, run the recovery app and you should be able to save all of your photos.

Last edited:
OP
K

Kaliesmom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I bought the smart reader fromAmazon and downloaded the software. I was able to recover the deleted photos which included pictures of my 95 year old mother on mother's day. Many thanks!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts