What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo Albums

Towser54

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hen I was on holidays in England, I used the apple attachment for the SD card to put my holiday pictures on my iPad. I have now put all the pictures in separate Albums on my new iPad2. And would like to delete them from the all imported album, but it says it will delete them from all albums. I don't need them in 2 places, how do I get rid of the all iimport album with out deleting pictures

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Towser - the native Photo App, although improved (e.g. editing features), is still confusing and not easily understood; but just to address your current issue (and there are other ones to consider!) - when you create an 'album' in the app and move your pictures into that album, the images are NOT duplicated, just a 'link' is setup to the original image - thus when you want to delete a photo (irregardless of its location), the image and its links will be removed.

Options to explore: 1) Do a search here - this is an oft discussed topic; 2) Learn more about the 'ins & outs' of the native Photo app, including wired & wireless syncing; and 3) Explore some third party photo apps that may better address your needs - just a few thoughts. Good luck & please post back if you find some alternate more worthy solutions - :)

OP
T

Towser54

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the info, I did not know that, it is better then to put them on the iPad from the computer using iTunes.

Designer11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
But the original problem exists, how do you delete e albums?
I have done same as Towser but am now at home and have downloaded photos onto my pc and now synced onto my iPad and want to delete the original all imported folder? How do you do that?
Thanks

Temp31

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Towser - the native Photo App, although improved (e.g. editing features), is still confusing and not easily understood; but just to address your current issue (and there are other ones to consider!) - when you create an 'album' in the app and move your pictures into that album, the images are NOT duplicated, just a 'link' is setup to the original image - thus when you want to delete a photo (irregardless of its location), the image and its links will be removed. Options to explore: 1) Do a search here - this is an oft discussed topic; 2) Learn more about the 'ins & outs' of the native Photo app, including wired & wireless syncing; and 3) Explore some third party photo apps that may better address your needs - just a few thoughts. Good luck & please post back if you find some alternate more worthy solutions - :)
This is perfect

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the info, I did not know that, it is better then to put them on the iPad from the computer using iTunes.

Hi Towser - really your preference - you can place the images onto your computer and then have multiple ways to get the pics to the iPad including wired and wireless sync options via iTunes - but be careful about 'how' your photos on the computer are being sync (I do selective sync of certain folders).

For example, the photos on my computer that I do want on the iPad are placed in separate folders on my laptop (e.g. you could call them 'iPad Photos' and then put an extension for addition folders, such as 'iPad-Christman11') - then selectively sync only those folders from iTunes. The problem is that these folders & the images w/i them cannot be deleted from the iPad (you must unsync them via iTunes).

So, no perfect solution; again I have other photo apps on my iPad that offer different options - hope this helps a little - :)

Most reactions

Latest posts