What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frozen kindle app, can't delete it.

grovecat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife's kindle app on her iPad Air2 is frozen on a book page and completely unresponsive. I decided to delete it and re-download from the App store but I can't delete it. Usually when I select and hold an app, a small x appears on its corner and I can the click on that and select Delete. However, the kindle app only shows - (minus sign) and there is no delete option when I click on it. Of course I have tried resetting the iPad but to no avail. Other apps behave as expected if I go to delete them so it seems to be a kindle-specific problem, which is very weird.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I’ve never heard of anything like it.

There is an alternative way you can try to delete apps. Go to Settings > General > iPad Storage. Wait for the list of apps to appear. Once you see the Amazon app, tap on it. the screen that opens should have a Delete App option.

374588C0-FB20-48DC-9DCF-7BB6B19F1A7F.png

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

Try force closing the app: Double tap the Home button to reveal the App Switcher, then slide the app’s thumbnail towards the top of the page.

Also make sure the app is up to date. So etimes this helps with problems like these.

OP
G

grovecat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is an alternative way you can try to delete apps. Go to Settings > General > iPad Storage. Wait for the list of apps to appear. Once you see the Amazon app, tap on it. the screen that opens should have a Delete App option.

View attachment 89349[/QUOTE]

I had already tried the first suggestion (which I should have mentioned). However, your second method did the trick nicely and all is well.

Thank your for your prompt help.

Most reactions