What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I HATE screen protectors

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
nick3055 said:
Well, screen protectors supposed to give protection.

Uuuhhhh yeaaaa... Otherwise "we" will be crying all,the way to the genius bar with scratched screen demanding a new iPad, a new iPad 3 as we are so
Entitled to receive lol.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

iheart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
I, so, agree! I went thru ~ 5 screen protectors, because I was unsteady and a doof to put it on correctly. The zagg protector was my first try and that was the worse.

Finally, I've put one decent--and am happy with it. :)

I had to re-apply it . And that made my bubbles. So I just got a new one:)

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MikesTooLz said:
I think the people who hate screen protector may also be the people who get bubbles when applying one.

I'd bet on that too. I was one of them. Then, I tried a higher end one and it's the best thing ever. They should just do away with the cheap ones and only sell the good ones that go on easy on the first try. That'd solve most of the problems out there.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I put a screen protector on my iPad as soon as I received it. Beginners luck, I guess, because it went on with only one small bubble that is almost off the viewing area.

After reading innumerable posts about how difficult it can be, I put one on an iPod touch. What a disaster. Bubbles all over the place and a line running diagonally down the screen that looks for all the world like a huge scratch. I hate screen protectors, but I'm keeping mine on.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I do get a screen protector, I can see myself having a time with it. The iPhone ones I've messed up I can usually fix. My iPhone 4 I had no issue,on it went on the first try. My 4s I had to fuss with, take off and put back on, but then it was fine. My three other iPhone, one of them, same fuss then fine, another I asked my husband, the king of being able to put them on in one fell swoop to do it, but decided LOL that geez, I should be able to put the darn thing on my phone screen at least! Like I said, I had BB do the Invisible Shield on my 1 because I didn't want to mess with the whole water use and squeegee deal. and now I'm living "life on the edge " for me without one on my 2. I'm surprised that I'm not having a fit, because usually it's a big must for me.

uptix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm...
My first IPad and I got a screen protector (cheap one) to protect from scratches, splashes etc...
Went on easy.. Ok if you look really closely there are a couple of really small bubbles, but I am never aware of them during normal usage. And I
know that should I ever need to peel it off, underneath the screen is pristine ...
For my money, it's worth it...

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
uptix said:
Hmmm...
My first IPad and I got a screen protector (cheap one) to protect from scratches, splashes etc...
Went on easy.. Ok if you look really closely there are a couple of really small bubbles, but I am never aware of them during normal usage. And I
know that should I ever need to peel it off, underneath the screen is pristine ...
For my money, it's worth it...

Yup!!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

britpoper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I make the shop assistant in mall where I bought the screen protector+case apply it for me.
Therefore I got a pretty screen protector without bubbles and dust :)

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
britpoper said:
I make the shop assistant in mall where I bought the screen protector+case apply it for me.
Therefore I got a pretty screen protector without bubbles and dust :)

I think that it is amazing how some peeps can put screen protectors on these devices and not have any bubbles show up.

I wonder how much Best Buy would charge to put on a screen protector if the screen protector wa not purchased at Best Buy. Buy.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

Last edited:

Norriemca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try the Mosh iVisorAG.
Guaranteed no bubbles!!
Take it off and on for cleaning.
Easy to apply.

Honest you WILL NOT be sorry.

joespacial

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Screen and back protectors aren't bad - though they do require a LOT of experience to be put in successfully. I've been putting them in for myself and other for years, so I'm quite pro at it now. You can barely tell there is a protector on it.

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Norriemca said:
Try the Mosh iVisorAG.
Guaranteed no bubbles!!
Take it off and on for cleaning.
Easy to apply.

Honest you WILL NOT be sorry.

I purchased a Masque screen protector it was a 3 pack deal.

How can another type screen protector not have any bubbles while applying?

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
I purchased a Masque screen protector it was a 3 pack deal.

How can another type screen protector not have any bubbles while applying?

Its all about how it is applied. If the screen protectors are applied with a solution, it minimizes-if not prevents/stops-bubbles. If they are just a one shot sticky back type screen protector, bubbles are bound to occur at some point.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts