What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HP Wireless printer ... how to print from iPad?

gocardinals

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Extreme newbie here. I have a wireless HP printer. I do I print from my iPad? In other words, can the iPad recognize my HP wireless printer?
Thanks.

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You must have the updated 4.2.1 IOS on your Ipad
Select number of HP printers with the E print feature
Wifi connection
Pair up
Print.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If its a new hp printer that does AirPrint, google the list, you just plug it in turn it on connect to wifi and print...mine was so easy to setup it was scary.

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use windows and I bought the print central app....set your email account in the app and u can print any of your emails as well as webpages....instruction for the app was simple and it found my hp printer jus fine that's on my home wireless network.....then I bought the pages app.....type ip documents and send them to my email from.pages....open my email within the print central app and hit print! Tada!!

OP
G

gocardinals

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just looked, and my HP printer is not Airprint capable, at least not directly. I don't understand. Why are my other computers able to connect?

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If u spend 10 bucks it's very easy to print webpages and emails if u want to create and print documents just spend another 10 bucks and buy pages app then email to yourself and open your email within the print central app on your iPad and hit print..Very simple I've tried the air print hack for windows and it was a headache!

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an HP 110 from Best Buy. Brought it home and plugged it in and I was on. I can even email my printer from anywhere. It's touch screen also. Paid 70 for it before Christmas. Prints directly from my iPad.

OP
G

gocardinals

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an AirPort router. If I plug the printer into the AirPort via USA, will the iPad then recognize the printer?

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an AirPort router. If I plug the printer into the AirPort via USA, will the iPad then recognize the printer?

If it's not a printer in the list it will not be accessible via AirPrint. It may be seen but not be accessible such as my Kodak ESP9. You'll need one of the numerous Apps available that will make your printer usable. Look through the Apps on the AppStore and read the resumes. What you have to print is also a search criteria. Some apps will only print photos, some will add web but very few Apps will do specialized documents but PrintCentral.

rkelac

iPF Noob
Reaction score

If it's not a printer in the list it will not be accessible via AirPrint. It may be seen but not be accessible such as my Kodak ESP9. You'll need one of the numerous Apps available that will make your printer usable. Look through the Apps on the AppStore and read the resumes. What you have to print is also a search criteria. Some apps will only print photos, some will add web but very few Apps will do specialized documents but PrintCentral.

I have an old hp 2110 and just printed a document from Pages using AirPrint. Just follow the instructions on this link on how to set it up:

How to Install AirPrint to Enable Wireless Printing on Windows? | Jaxov

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I have an old hp 2110 and just printed a document from Pages using AirPrint. Just follow the instructions on this link on how to set it up:

How to Install AirPrint to Enable Wireless Printing on Windows? | Jaxov
That's not the point I was making. My Kodak won't print but my HP does and so does my Brother without the aid of a computer.
The PC does a good job already so why bother with an incomplete AirPrint? Printing outputs are crap. I really don't want to have a computer "on" to be able to print with the iPad. If I want to cross the road do I need to have my parent with me? I'm 53 fer crying out loud!:D

crappa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is a FYI for anyone interested.
I just purchased the HP Officejet 6500A Plus.

To get the iPad to work, I had to update the printers firmware.
Original nonworking firmware: CIP1FN1023BR
Updated compatable firmware: CIP1FN1048PR

Last edited:

MAJ63

iPF Noob
Reaction score
crappa said:
Here is a FYI for anyone interested.
I just purchased the HP Officejet 6500A Plus.

To get the iPad to work, I had to update the printers firmware.
Original nonworking firmware: CIP1FN1023BR
Updated compatable firmware: CIP1FN1048PR

In same boat,did same thing,iPad found printer. Thanks crappa.

MAJ63

Most reactions

Latest posts