What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Untethered Jailbreak your iOS 7.0 - 7.0.4 device using Evasi0n7 [Windows/OSX]

Rolleicord

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just run 1.0.2 again as an administrator if applicable. You don't have to kill apps running in the background, as long as you don't use the device during the procedure until asked to, you don't have to worry about it.

Thanks i for the reply. I'm running Win XP on my grand daddy PC. :D Oh man I'm still stuck at Config System 2/2. I'm just wondering if there's gonna be an Evasion 1.0.3 that will solve this. Otherwise I have to find someone with a fast Macbook. :(

Also I think all the pretty videos I saw of IOS 7 was for the iPhone. Unfortunately, some of the neat stuff is missing from the ipad. Oh well. :eek:

OP
willerz2

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The procedure's still the same, just that the device identifying portion of each device is different. Restore fresh again, but do not restore from backup, set it up as a new device. Run Evasi0n 1.0.2 beta as an administrator again, and retry.

kidneyshot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the guide :) my iPad 2 3G n wifi is jail broken. Only the evasion version 1.0..2 has more steps after the done.
Was a bit worried when it took a long time to load kernel, retrieving.. (Forgot the names).. But it went according to the guide.
Thanks!

OP
willerz2

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not aware of any steps after the Done portion. Once the utility gets to done, you're essentially, well, done?

Rolleicord

iPF Noob
Reaction score

"a race condition is used at that step an it requires speed" <--- what da ... huh? :confused:

1. Switch Find My iPhone off
2. Go into Air Plane mode
3. On windows set Evasi0n7 to run in windows XP SP3 and running as administrator, even though I set it to run as admin I still right clicked Evasi0n7 and opened it by clicking run as admin.
4. Start the process and just let it run for about 15 minutes, it should get stuck like mentioned.
5. Unlock you iDevice and turn off Air Plane mode, after a minute (I didn't), my iPhone reboot and it simply worked

I saw someone post this.

It didn't work for me last night. Maybe I was tired and skip a step. :( I also read somewhere that a usb 3 might help. My grand daddy PC is all usb 2 :( . I'm also using a logitech wireless keyboard and mouse. So I'm wondering if this is also making things worse as the link to iTunes is via usb same as the logitech unifying receiver.

Other than that I will remove McAfee virus scan to reduce load as well as increase virtual memory. If all don't work, I DFU and jailbreak fresh as per willerz2´s suggestion. :D :( :(

Rolleicord

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok now I'm getting msg about injected part 1/2 has error. So doing DFU and jailbreak fresh. :thumbsdown:

evasion failed.gif

Ok. After DFU and fresh IOS 7, I still get above msg. Not good. And iTunes backed up the fresh IOS onto my PC. So I loose all my apps etc etc. Things are really moving downhill for me. :( Now my only hope is my iCloud backup. :(

Last edited:
OP
willerz2

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hard reset your device and re-run Dvasi0n

Sent from my iPad Mini via Tapa

Rolleicord

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Woohooo !! I finally got my jailbreak !! Did it on a borrowed Mac. ;) My PC is too old and weary. Typing and editing is just too stupid without swipe selection :D .

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've been on the 2/2 screen for over an hour. I think I'll attempt the hard reset and re-run Evasion. It's after midnight and I have work in the morning. Maybe I'll wash up and check the computer again to see how things are getting along. Perhaps it's the slow computer and slow Internet. :)

Edit: All done! Hard reset and restart the Evasion app worked. It was finished in under 20 minutes that time.

Last edited:
OP
willerz2

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
7.0.6 does not implement any of the exploit patches in 7.1 betas and is jailbreakable using Evasi0n7. There is an unofficial version that adds the build of 7.0.6 to v1.0.5, which is exactly what @Evad3rs did for 7.0.5 and will do in their official 1.0.6(?) release. It's recommended that you upgrade and re-jailbreak on 7.0.6 to take advantage of the SSL security buff once an official Evasi0n7 update has been pushed for 7.0.6

thyan97

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Excuse me, sorry im newbie in iDevices.

I've already jailbreak my iPad 4 (3,6/CDMA/World) with evasi0n 1.0.8.. The Jailbreak going clearly without problem.. But I didn't found Cydia on my iPad:( only evasi0n7 which clicked after 1st after reboot.... are the evasi0n is Cydia? when i click the evasi0n7 (after the jailbreak is done) the evasi0n7 only stuck..

I dont found any troubleshoot like this on evasion.com or ipadforums.net..

What I should do? Sorry for my English.. I'm from Indonesia.. Nice to meet u all..

thankyou..

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What version of iOS do you have on the iPad? Most importantly - how did you get that version onto the iPad? Was it using iTunes or on the iPad itself using Apple's over-the-air (OTA) process?

I ask because what you are describing is what happens when people try to jail break an iPad that was updated using the OTA version. And, there is no solution - the jail break doesn't work on OTA updated iPads as a general rule. I'm afraid your only option is to restore the iPad to iOS 7.1.1 (which is unjailbreable) and then wait for iOS 8 to be jail broken.

Marilyn

thyan97

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes Mod, I have already read in the evasi0n, redsn0w, etc. My iPad version is 7.0.6 but that was updated using the OTA version.. and I also try to restore iPad, iTunes said that my iPad only can be restored to 7.1.1:(( what you afraid is happened to me..
When iOS 8 to be jailbroken Mod Marilyn? are for so long to wait it?
I'm really sorry for my bad english..

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes Mod, I have already read in the evasi0n, redsn0w, etc. My iPad version is 7.0.6 but that was updated using the OTA version.. and I also try to restore iPad, iTunes said that my iPad only can be restored to 7.1.1:(( what you afraid is happened to me..
When iOS 8 to be jailbroken Mod Marilyn? are for so long to wait it?
I'm really sorry for my bad english..

Sorry to confirm your fears.

And, no one knows when/if there will be a jail break for iOS 8. Heck, it's not even been released yet. If Apple follows its past performance, it'll announce iOS 8 along with the new phone sometime in June with a release (of both) sometime in September.

After iOS 8 gets released (again, we are looking at September), it is another wait to see if that iOS version can be jail broken. Some jail breaks are found/released quickly, while others take months and months.

All we can do is wait.

Marilyn

thyan97

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No Prob mod..
Wow, OMG. Are the 7.1.1 really really can't be jailbroken mod? I've read on evasi0n FAQ that they are still working for iOS 7.1.1 to be jailbroken. That its true mod?

Wow it's too long to wait.. Especially for me:(

Most reactions

Latest posts