What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Untethered Jailbreak your iOS 7.0 - 7.0.4 device using Evasi0n7 [Windows/OSX]

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This tutorial presents to you the steps to jailbreaking iOS 7.0 - 7.0.6 on the iPhone 4 (GSM/CDMA/World), the iPhone 4, the iPhone 5, the iPhone 5, the iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2 (w/ RD) and iPod Touch 5th Generation. 7.0.5 is only applicable to the iPhone 5C and 5S Global versions. Users looking to jailbreak the AppleTV 2 will have to wait for Seas0nPass to update for ATViOS6 aka portable iOS 7 support as Evasi0n does not support the Apple TV.

For users that have seen or have jailbroken using Evasi0n for iOS 6, this tool is nearly identical to the previous tool with slightly changes and of course, support for iOS 7.

Download the utility by going here, and clicking either Mac OSX, or Windows for whichever computer operating system you're using.

Note: Before starting this procedure, turn off your passcode lock, your restrictions if applicable, as well as your Touch ID for the iPhone 5. Also, if you updated to iOS 7 via OTA (directly through Settings.app), you must backup your device and restore your device using iTunes before continuing.

Step 1:

Unarchive the file and place it onto your desktop for easy access.

k5EXnt7.png

Step 2: Run Evasi0n7.exe (Run as an administrator if applicable)

kFF8IxC.png

ypHMuvQ.png

Step 3: Plug your device into your computer making sure that iTunes is installed so that you have the device driver.

175zIir.png

Step 4: Click the "Jailbreak" button

wlnfrjf.png

Step 5: Wait

1iiJDwv.png

3GucsL7.png

m2RBSlO.png

dPcGMNa.png

dD4WPUL.png

XYhomOb.png

Step 6: Your device should be rebooting at this point on its own

wnVm99m.png

Step 7: Unlock your phone, and click on the new "Evasi0n 7" icon on the last page of your springboard.

KVcLRkM.png

Step 8: Device is rebooting once again, you should have seen a glimpse of a UI on your device, and your device goes into a reboot.

BgI9fBW.png

Step 9: If you've removed the passcode lock and TouchID as stated earlier, you should not have to manually unlock the device, and the next step should initiate within seconds automatically

wWZyWdS.png

Step 10: Last bit of waiting

iRquBU8.png

Step 11: Done!

SP7ToMA.png

Last edited:

mfldmike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried a few different times with different USB ports, & running it as "Administrator" but it seems to hang on the "configuring 2/2" screen. I've sat in upwards of 15 minutes waiting for it. I've followed all instructions to the "t".

I'm running a Verizon iPhone 5S running 7.0.4

OP
willerz2

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Backup, restore afresh, and retry. If you're failing on 1.0.1, I can link a copy of 1.0.0 for you to try.

mfldmike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I'd did all of that and I still end up hanging in the same spot...I also found a link to version 1.0.0 and still the same?

OP
willerz2

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try turning Airplane mode on prior to using Evasi0n7. When stuck on Configuring System 2/2, give it a few more minutes than probably necessary, then unlock your device and toggle of Airplane Mode.

OP
willerz2

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You'd have to wait for the new Evasi0n7 build then unfortunately. Everything about the jailbreak utility itself is on and off, some users report the jailbreak working, some don't, even on the same type of device. Heck, some users are reporting certain tweaks working while some aren't. Or you can try restarting your computer, using a different one, etc, maybe luck will kick in.

EDIT: Try this. At the point where you're stuck on Configuring System 2/2, wait out about 15-20 minutes as you've done the first time. At this point, keep the device connected to your computer. Hold the power and home button until you see anything on your screen and immediately release both (basically a hard reset). It should be booting up with the Evad3rs logo. If it's an Apple logo, see how it pans out, but it should be the Evad3rs logo.

Last edited:

kidneyshot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't state my question correct.. Does the JB include both work for both iPad 2 .. the wifi and 3G version. Thanks

OP
willerz2

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The iPad 2 3G GSM and CDMA versions are not reporting issues. The iPad 2 Wifi and Rev. A models are having spotty success. I've gotten both Evasi0n7 1.0.0 and 1.0.1 to work on 5 iPad 2's so far, all of them Wifi-only models. Many users are reporting that it's not working, while some are. As stated on the bottom of the Evasi0n website, there are cases of iPad 2's going into boot loop after the jailbreak. If your device ends up in a boot loop, a DFU restore will have your device reverted to stock, and you'll have to wait for the next build of Evasi0n7.

kidneyshot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad 2 3G GSM and CDMA versions are not reporting issues. The iPad 2 Wifi and Rev. A models are having spotty success. I've gotten both Evasi0n7 1.0.0 and 1.0.1 to work on 5 iPad 2's so far, all of them Wifi-only models. Many users are reporting that it's not working, while some are. As stated on the bottom of the Evasi0n website, there are cases of iPad 2's going into boot loop after the jailbreak. If your device ends up in a boot loop, a DFU restore will have your device reverted to stock, and you'll have to wait for the next build of Evasi0n7.
thank u Willerz :)

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Quick question, if I am jaillbroken, should I do upgrade in DFU?

Sent from my IPad using IPF. GC wenchwhino level 56

OP
willerz2

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As long as you restore to a fresh copy of iOS 7.0.4, you're fine.

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As long as you restore to a fresh copy of iOS 7.0.4, you're fine.

Thanks for the quick reply!
Also looks like reinstall Cydia tweaks one by one, right?

Sent from my IPad using IPF. GC wenchwhino level 56

OP
willerz2

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's recommended. Not all tweaks that you may have at the moment are compatible with iOS 7. Or, you can backup your packages, then remove the packages from the list that are incompatible with iOS 7 prior to restoring the list of tweaks, that way, it's still bulk, so you won't have to install say 20-30 tweaks manually, and just have a one swoop.

Most reactions

Latest posts