What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Untethered Jailbreak your iOS 7.0 - 7.0.4 device using Evasi0n7 [Windows/OSX]

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's recommended. Not all tweaks that you may have at the moment are compatible with iOS 7. Or, you can backup your packages, then remove the packages from the list that are incompatible with iOS 7 prior to restoring the list of tweaks, that way, it's still bulk, so you won't have to install say 20-30 tweaks manually, and just have a one swoop.

Do you mean from pkg backup?

Sent from my IPad using IPF. GC wenchwhino level 56

OP
willerz2

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can use PKGBackup, but I would say the manual method is slightly better.

BACKUP:
0. Go into Cydia and install OpenSSH and the APT 0.7 Strict package. (Change passed root and passed mobile, etc.)
1. Pull the /private/etc/apt/sources.list.d/cydia.list file, which contains all your custom sources.
2. SSH in to your device and run the following command:
dpkg --get-selections > cydia-apps
This will create a file called cydia-apps in your root folder /private/var/root/ (and you can then download this file to save your installed apps).

RESTORE:
0. Restore to your desired version, jailbreak, open Cydia, and install OpenSSH and APT 0.7 Transitional
1. SSH into your phone.
2. Copy the cydia.list file you saved in step 2 to /private/etc/apt/sources.list.d/ and copy the cydia-apps file to /private/var/root
3. Run:
3.1 apt-get update
3.2 dpkg --set-selections < cydia-apps
3.3 apt-get -y dselect-upgrade
3.4 And when prompted Do you want to continue [Y/n], hit Y.
4. Watch all your packages get magically reinstalled.

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh my, it guess I need to print that out . Quite the novice here, but you have taught me so much. Thank you so much.

Donna

Sent from my IPad using IPF. GC wenchwhino level 56

Dita

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Willerz2 for step by step guide with pics

Why not use ipf app it's awesome :)

Dita

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finally my iPad successfully break Apple's Jail lol

Some questions related to Cydia

1. Can we download apps from pc through Cydia like iTunes, means Install Cydia in pc & download apps first in pc then install in iPad ?

2. In Cydia my net speed very slow how improve it ? ( iTunes my net speed is fine but slow in Cydia)

3. Any app available in Cydia for Bluetooth sharing with non ios devices.

Once again thanks for step by step guide.

OP
willerz2

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Finally my iPad successfully break Apple's Jail lol

Some questions related to Cydia

1. Can we download apps from pc through Cydia like iTunes, means Install Cydia in pc & download apps first in pc then install in iPad ?

2. In Cydia my net speed very slow how improve it ? ( iTunes my net speed is fine but slow in Cydia)

3. Any app available in Cydia for Bluetooth sharing with non ios devices.

Once again thanks for step by step guide.

1) Only free ones

2) Remove the UltraSn0w repository to speed up the caching process.

3) Bluetooth data transfer is fairly unreliable on iOS to iOS devices let alone iOS to non-iOS. It's best to use the Cloud is most cases.

Dita

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Willerz2 for your quick reply

How to remove UltrasnOw sorry i am novice or dumb (as u like) ?

OP
willerz2

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Open up Cydia, and on the bottom, tap on Sources. Then tap Edit, tap on the UltraSn0w repo, then delete.

Dita

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Willerz2

Dita

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How to open saved wallpapers ( from Cydia) not found in setting or in wallpaper section.

OP
willerz2

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Check to see if they're in /var/stash/Wallpapers.XXXXXXXX.

Dita

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How through pc or by any specific app

OP
willerz2

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iFile. Or if you have afc2add installed, you can use iFunBox or any utilities like it as well

Rolleicord

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I did the DFU thingy, restored my Ipad 3 to factory setting with IOS 7.0.4 (gsm), then restored all my apps. Next I did Evasion using 1.0.1 (not the beta) and it hangs at Configuring Systems 2/2. My question ... can I retry with the beta version without having to re-DFU everything again? Does Evasion alters the files so that it will no longer work.

Anyway, what I plan to do now is to try using the evasion beta 1.0.2 and with airplane mode turned on. In my previous try, I might have some applications in the background. I had to look up how to kill apps in IOS 7:eek:. If all fails :( ... DFU again. Also I was using a USB hub, so now I will connect direct to my PC.:p

OP
willerz2

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just run 1.0.2 again as an administrator if applicable. You don't have to kill apps running in the background, as long as you don't use the device during the procedure until asked to, you don't have to worry about it.

Most reactions

Latest posts