What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to "unlink" iPad from Facebook?

Elluh94

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Today Facebook asked me something like if I wanted to link my iPad to Facebook so I can post easily etc. and I chose "yes", so now all of my Facebook friends are in my contacts and events in my calendar, and also it doesn't ask for a password when I'm logging into Facebook. I don't like this, so how can I make it go back the way it was?

Bluray

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is the reason I'm not using the original FB app. It's annoying.
Maybe someone has an idea on how to disable this. Sorry man

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have iOS 6, so I'm not sure if this'll work, but - go to your Settings app. On the main screen should be a line for Facebook. If you press on it, is there a place where you can sign out of Facebook?

I know that it is possible to sign out of Twitter this way, so hopefully, Facebook is the same.

Marilyn

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Go to Settings > Facebook, and turn OFF the settings for Calendar and Contacts in the section which is headed "Allow These Apps to Use Your Account:"

That should sort it.

tfj1943

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1. Delete the Facebook app. Press and hold the app till it jiggles, then hit the x to delete.
2. Go to your Settings icon and open it. Scroll down to Facebook in the list in the left column. Open it and turn off Calendar (if you wish) and Contacts.
3. Hit the Update All Contacts. It will take a few minutes, but when it is done, and you return to and open the Contacts icon on your iPad Home page, they will all disappear. It felt very good to unlink my Contacts from Facebook (a most intrusive social networking site).

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
1. Delete the Facebook app. Press and hold the app till it jiggles, then hit the x to delete.
2. Go to your Settings icon and open it. Scroll down to Facebook in the list in the left column. Open it and turn off Calendar (if you wish) and Contacts.
3. Hit the Update All Contacts. It will take a few minutes, but when it is done, and you return to and open the Contacts icon on your iPad Home page, they will all disappear. It felt very good to unlink my Contacts from Facebook (a most intrusive social networking site).

Sounds like you should not be a member of Facebook in the first place... ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts