What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to sleep well?

Jadeuu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I always lose sleep. How could I sleep well? Do you have any suggestion?

D

Deleted member 247820

Set your iPad to play 20 or 30 minutes of soothing music!

OP
J

Jadeuu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At first, it works. But then, I have to listen for at least one hour. Do I need any treatment?

D

Deleted member 247820

Maybe!

But maybe you go to bed too early!

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
At first, it works. But then, I have to listen for at least one hour. Do I need any treatment?

Difficulty in sleeping may be an indication of a health problem. Whether or not you need treatment for it may best be answered by a medical practitioner more qualified than most members of this forum. I do hope that situation improves for you and that you are able to seek such help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do any of these scenarios sound like yours:

Sleep Problems and Sleep Disorder Types and Descriptions

How to solve 9 sleep problems - CNN.com

If your sleep is disrupted enough to see a doctor, you might be able to get better results if you're able to help narrow down the possible causes.

I've been lucky with sleep and remember only a handful of nights when I couldn't sleep. I've never set a bedtime -- I just go to sleep when I'm tired. If I can't sleep, I just read a book or surf the Web (much easier since iPhone and iPad) till I'm tired. I never force myself to sleep, because I find it counterproductive. YMMV of course.

I have one audiobook (Remembrance of Things Past by Proust) that I've not been able to finish for years, because it seems to put me right to sleep. Its slow, meandering narrative and the languid reading have some kind of knockout effect on me. Meditations by Marcus Aurelius has a similar effect on me. I got both of those audiobooks from Audible -- they're good professional readings. Maybe you can find your version of such soporific audiobooks as well, if your sleep prob is only occasional.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Are you getting any exercise? You don't need a gym membership; I sleep much better since I got serious about walking briskly for a mile every day, regardless of the weather.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are you getting any exercise? You don't need a gym membership; I sleep much better since I got serious about walking briskly for a mile every day, regardless of the weather.

This sounds like good advice. Obviously, if the sleep issue is causing you problems it would be worth seeking medical advice. However, it may be something as simple as a lifestyle change. Do not eat late at night, have a good long walk after your meal then have a nice hot drink prior to going to bed. This may do the trick.
Good luck.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Partake of strong drink until you are numb and wake up when the dog licks your feet. That is how I do it, anyway./

dianne137

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find that using my ipad before bed can over stimulate my brain and keep me awake into the wee hours.I think it's the intense light.I suggest you be carefull about screen use before bed and see if that makes a difference.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score

No, you get tired for abusing your body. It was never intended to be abused by excersize. Does not mean it is a sleep aid; it is your body saying, "knock it the heck off, or I'll see that you pay for it by giving you a fat arse and acne."

Natural alcohol is what our maker intended!!!

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I know using my iPad in a stimulating rather than relaxing way totally affects my sleep. I found an app that is for calming, photos and music. When I find a music piece that is meditative to me I turn it on and put it on repeat and I really sleep so much deeper and longer than if I don't do that. It is a free app. called " Stress Relief " . Makes sense to me!
Plus inspirational quote: a well spent day brings happy sleep - Leonardo. DaVinci

Last edited:

Victoria022

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Take a shower before going off to bed and make sure that you sleep in a quiet area. Also make sure to turn off the lights.

Most reactions