What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to restart my broken iPad?

Kevin_Barnes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So this happened to my very old iPad 2. It worked quite fine but recently it got stuck while I using it. The battery percentage also was more than 75%. It got shut down and it seems like it is trying to restart. But no apple logo. An only small icon of loading. And its only loading but not going any further. The thing is this iPad is very old and the restart button also is broken.
Anyone know how can I restart it and fix this matter?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If the Power button doesn’t work, you can’t put it into recovery mode or DFU mode. Force restarting isn’t an option either.
If your device doesn’t start on it’s own, you’re out of luck. Sorry!

In case your iPad 2 restarts, there’s an Accessibility feature called “Assistive Touch”. It adds a virtual button to your screen, and one of the options is Restart. Maybe you’ll need this some time.
ADD9DDA7-B98E-4F5F-AF76-FFCF96429331.jpeg

OP
K

Kevin_Barnes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oh god.. then its time to retire it I guess because it doesn't seem like its gonna turn on ever. And it's old like more than 7 years. But anyway thank you for your reply. If it ever considers to turn on, I will try this.

Most reactions

Latest posts