What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Keeps Restarting Itself. (Detecting SDIO)

Evan Fontyn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello! As I was playing my PS3 earlier tonight, I went to check on my iPad that was downloading the Newest update (7.1.1). After it had restarted, I went to watch a few videos on my Youtube application. After a few minutes of watching, the iPad randomly crashed and then successfully booted itself back up again. After my heart rate returned to normal (I had thought it died XD), I continued to watch the same video. Then a few minutes after continuing, it crashed AGAIN, but this time, it just was stuck in an endless loop of restarting itself. Every 3 or so crashes, it would show this text (Location, if the Camera was on the Left hand side, would be on the bottom right, flipped upside down). I don't have very much time to read all of the text, but it mentions something about an SDIO. I have looked this up before and have found things about Jailbreak issues. My iPad was previously Jail Broken but that was around 1 1/2 years ago before I had updated to IOS 6. Also sometimes the screen will just go Dim and the iPad freezes. If anyone could give me and tips or advice, all is appreciated. Thanks again
-Evan

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, Evan! Welcome to iPF!

After updating the software, it's a good idea to reset your device. This won't remove data or settings. It could remove some glitches, and maybe it'll help with your problem: press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears, then release both and let the iPad power up on it's own.

Btw: the latest software is 7.1.2, I suppose you updated to that one?

Last edited:
OP
E

Evan Fontyn

iPF Noob
Reaction score

After updating the software, it's a good idea to reset your device. This won't remove data or settings. It could remove some glitches, and maybe it'll help with your problem: press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears, then release both and let the iPad power up on it's own.

Btw: the latest software is 7.1.2, I suppose you updated to that one?

Btw: the latest software is 7.1.2, I suppose you updated to

Thank you for the speedy response J.A.!
I had already tried this before since I have some prior knowledge of iPads since I have been using mine for just over 3 Years now.
I would hate to fork up 400$ to get it replaced so if you have any more tips, they are appreciated as always. Thanks again!
-Evan

OP
E

Evan Fontyn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
E

Evan Fontyn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Back again, Unfortunately. It seems as the restore didn't fix my problem as I am having the same problem. I think there is some information I should give you about my iPad so you can give me more Accurate tips. My iPad is the Black 16g Wi-Fi iPad 2 (Not sure if Wi-Fi is the right term, but its the one with out 3g). I've dropped it several times and has around 3 cracks in it. One on the home button, one on the camera, and one in the top right above the home button. The one next to the camera has some parts that are not protected, so could this be a Hardware error that has come up due to weathering?

alicepattinson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OMG! after the update, my friend's ipad had problems. All his pictures and apps were deleted. That's why I'm afraid to update mine.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OMG! after the update, my friend's ipad had problems. All his pictures and apps were deleted. That's why I'm afraid to update mine.
Backup your iPad and then update it. If something goes wrong, you can restore from the update afterwards, and nothing will go missing.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Back again, Unfortunately. It seems as the restore didn't fix my problem as I am having the same problem. I think there is some information I should give you about my iPad so you can give me more Accurate tips. My iPad is the Black 16g Wi-Fi iPad 2 (Not sure if Wi-Fi is the right term, but its the one with out 3g). I've dropped it several times and has around 3 cracks in it. One on the home button, one on the camera, and one in the top right above the home button. The one next to the camera has some parts that are not protected, so could this be a Hardware error that has come up due to weathering?
Wi-Fi only is correct. :)
Except for the SDIO that you posted before, do you get any error numbers when restoring? Did you also try DFU mode?
Here's one more option you'd have, in case it's the software: http://www.ipadforums.net/threads/t...-to-restore-the-current-version-of-ios.52863/

OP
E

Evan Fontyn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wi-Fi only is correct. :)
Except for the SDIO that you posted before, do you get any error numbers when restoring? Did you also try DFU mode?
Here's one more option you'd have, in case it's the software: http://www.ipadforums.net/threads/t...-to-restore-the-current-version-of-ios.52863/

I could try DFU sometime in the future when I have more time, and when I really want my iPad fixed. At the moment its not really crucial but I'll keep it in mind. I'm pretty sure its something Hardware related so, I'll keep you posted.

Most reactions

Latest posts