What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to get rid of spam

brucewilsonpa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've searched and found a few solutions, like using Gmail to filter for spam, but is there any kind of spam filter that I can install on my iPhone and iPad? I really appreciate this capability in my PC/Outlook.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Spam filters take a long time to train.
Far easier to switch to gmail and let them take the strain.
In practise I've found Google's spam filtering better than any commercial programs I've used with outlook or thunderbird.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Spam filters take a long time to train.
Far easier to switch to gmail and let them take the strain.
In practise I've found Google's spam filtering better than any commercial programs I've used with outlook or thunderbird.

I agree with you, googles spam filter is far better than anything else. You can even switch over your domain to let gmail handle your domains email in google apps.

Its in googles best interest to filter spam, get users to click their ads and not spammers ads.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I totally agree I and many of my clients have been using gmail for several years it really works better than other mail packages.
Gmail is like a clearing house for me all mail from 4 email addresses. I then use apple mail to access and sync gmail on my MacBook, iPhone 3GS and iPad.

Tacoma.boy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Col.bris...can you share with me how to set hotmail to go through gmail.

Thanx

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gmail does good job filtering but i find me.com doing a better job. I have a mail.com account and they open the gates to all spammers. I even had a pay POP 3 account with them and spam was inevitable. Mail.com went down hill once AOL took over.

Tacoma.boy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I should have known that was to good to be true.

After a short reprieve, I am now getting all that wonderful spam through my hotmail address....

Sigh.....

tozol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys sorry to hikack the thread, but I too have a problem thats is very very annoying and need to try and stop, and hope you guys can at least point me in the right direction.

What it is I have 2 email accounts, one private that is and has run fine for years, but I also have an email address for my gaming website, that is a gmail email, but now gets picked up both on my mac, and ipad, however I have had a dam spam send an email to about 5 or 6 of my contacts, and I have no clue, how.

I do think it is happening through my ipad, given that it only picks up a few contacts, as I dont have many in there.

So guys any idea at all how to stop this happening.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
col.bris said:
I cancelled my hot mail address 2 years ago due to spam I have clients that are transferring hot mail to gmail due to spam problems

I transferred to Gmail after my Yahoo account was hacked and a stream of am sent to my contacts.

I printed off my contact emails and mailing bro us. I then got gmail to automatically import contacts and emails from Yahoo. It was a pretty painless process.

I then deleted my contacts from Yahoo,, but kept the account to check periodically for emails. Once I had deleted the Yahoo contact lists the spam stopped.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

KittyKA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Richard Brown said:
I transferred to Gmail after my Yahoo account was hacked and a stream of am sent to my contacts.

I printed off my contact emails and mailing bro us. I then got gmail to automatically import contacts and emails from Yahoo. It was a pretty painless process.

I then deleted my contacts from Yahoo,, but kept the account to check periodically for emails. Once I had deleted the Yahoo contact lists the spam stopped.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

How did you get gmail to import?

RimfonesIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too am suffering from too much spam on my Ipad. I do have both a gmail account and an yahoo account. How do you setup a process where they are all directed to or through gmail for the spam feature, but I dont have to change my yahoo, (att.net) email address. Thanks for your help..

Most reactions

Latest posts